Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lamar student beaten because she couldn't speak Spanish

Lamar student beaten because she couldn't speak Spanish

10:46 AM CST on Sunday, November 5, 2006

By Vicente Arenas / 11 News

Click to watch video

Two teenage girls who attend Lamar High School were charged with assault after the brutal attack on campus.

Audrina Garza says she was pummeled on the field during P.E. class because she couldn't speak Spanish.

The 15-year-old sophmore said the Hispanic girls attacked her even though she's also Hispanic.

"I told them that I wasn't going to do anything, that I dont' know them and I wasnt' going to do anything," said Garza. "I told them you're in America."

"And they said, 'Well you're a Mexican and you should know' and that's when the girl punched me," said Garza.

She ended up in an emergency room. Doctors ordered X-rays and tests for internal bleeding. She was treated and released but the shock hasn't gone away.

"You never hear 'I got beat up because I didn't speak Spanish,'" said Yisa Ortiz, the girl's mother.

The irony here is that Garza was a victim of brown on brown crime, her grandfather said. He recalls childhood troubles because of the language he spoke.

"I had to fight white boys because they didn't want me to speak Spanish when I wasn't even talking to them," said Andres Ortiz.

Garza said she did not see her teacher when the fight started, but it was caught on tape by Lamar's security cameras.

For now, Garza's concentrating on healing and plans to return to Lamar High School where a disturbing lesson about race and language should never have been taught on a football field.

the 15 and 16-year-old girls charged with assault in this case have been referred to an alternative school.
    http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/ ... b9f9f.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    This should not surprise anyone here, these kids have been taught to handle their feelings with thug like physical violence, it seems this is the only way they know how to get what they want, violence.

So these, essentially, are the same people who talk about how racist Americans are for wanting English as our national language and illegal immigration stopped. This violent nature is whatthe illegals have been importing into our country and we want it stopped.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the two teenagers who beat her are illegal, they should be deported. If this happened in my daughter's former high school, ICE would have been notified by the police. In one way she is fortunate that they didn't have razor blades on them as many of the Hispanic females hide razor blades in their hair when they put it up. That is why I am trying to convince the school police in Miami Dade County to have the school board ban females from wearing their hair up unless its a pony tail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)