Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This Land Is Whose Land? (Tancredo)

link

THINKING OUT LOUD / IMMIGRATION
    This Land Is Whose Land?
    The 'racist' slur won't muzzle the immigration debate, this Colorado congressman argues.

May 1, 2005

By Thomas G. Tancredo, Rep. Thomas G. Tancredo, a Republican, is in his fourth term of representing Colorado's 6th District and is chairman of the 78-member Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus.

People who say it's racist to want secure borders are insulting the intelligence of the American people, and such charges betray an empty arsenal of serious arguments. No wonder the immigration reform movement is gaining on every front.

Last November's election gave momentum to the movement in a way not widely reported in the media but very much understood by political analysts and lawmakers. President Bush increased his share of the Latino vote from about 32% to 40% in that election â€â€
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

The country was asleep when NAFTA went into effect.

That we were Friend....that we were. We also trusted our leaders and what they said would be the outcome. Of course, they lied to us, because now that we know what NAFTA was about, I would have known had I simply taken the time to look it up. I did not research it because a beloved President, Bush One, said it was the right thing. Little did I know, he knew it was wrong, but said it was right.

I'll never make that mistake again.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: This Land Is Whose Land? (Tancredo)

[
    These figures have liberated Republicans to speak candidly about immigration control without fearing the "race card." Opponents will still try to use it, but it rings hollow. In the words of Lyndon B. Johnson, "That dog won't hunt."
    "That Dog Won't Hunt"

Now doesn't that sound familiar?

Judy
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn