Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latest Scam: Illegal Aliens Getting Bigger Tax Refund Checks

Before It's News

Your bloated government at work–
    Not only are illegal aliens getting bigger tax refunds this year… They’re claiming the tax credit for kids who live in Mexico – lots of kids in Mexico.
    WBIW reported, via Free Republic:
    Millions of illegal immigrants are getting a bigger tax refund than you.

Bob Segall, of WTHI reports finding a massive tax loophole that provides billions of dollars in tax credits to undocumented workers and, in many cases, people who have never stepped foot in the United States. And you are paying for it.

Inside his central Indiana office, a longtime tax consultant sits at his desk, shaking his head in disbelief.

“There is not a doubt in my mind there’s huge fraud taking place here,” he said, slowly flipping through the pages of a tax return.

The tax preparer does not want you to know his name for fear of reprisal, but he does want you to know about a nationwide problem with a huge price tag.

He came to 13 Investigates to blow the whistle.

“We’re talking about a multi-billion dollar fraud scheme here that’s taking place and no one is talking about it,”
    he said.

The scheme involves illegal immigrants — illegal immigrants who are filing tax returns.

How it works

The Internal Revenue Service says everyone who is employed in the United States – even those who are working here illegally – must report income and pay taxes. Of course, undocumented workers are not supposed to have a social security number. So for them to pay taxes, the IRS created what’s called an ITIN, an individual taxpayer identification number. A 9-digit ITIN number issued by the IRS provides both resident and nonresident aliens with a unique identification number that allows them to file tax returns.

While that may have seemed like a good idea, it’s now backfiring in a big way.

Each spring, at tax preparation offices all across the nation, many illegal immigrants are now eagerly filing tax returns to take advantage of a tax loophole, using their ITIN numbers to get huge refunds from the IRS.

The loophole is called the Additional Child Tax Credit. It’s a fully-refundable credit of up to $1000 per child, and it’s meant to help working families who have children living at home.

But many undocumented workers are claiming the tax credit for kids who live in Mexico – lots of kids in Mexico.

“We’ve seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms,”
    the whistleblower said. “The more you put on there, the more you get back.”

Both parties have know about this scan for years and have done nothing.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is old news, it was reported last week. But, it would seem to me that this one is hard for either party to deny or excuse. It is why I say that based upon the last three repub. administations response to border control that the repub. stance is no different than the dems. Again, action means more than words. This past week, it has seemed to me that republs get a few congresspeople to espouse border control, but by action they elect presidents that act fully opposite. Hippocrites are harder to oppose than ones that are straightforward, IMO.

Reagan gave amnesty to illegals, GHWB did not even respond to my report to him of my son's death, GWB told me that immigration was good for the country in a response to a letter to him about illegal immigration.

To me that is pretty damning/convincing evidence of the real republican party. Independent all the way here!!

It was the earned Income Tax Credit that was reported on recently, not the Additional Child Tax Credit. And I didn't mean this article as an indictment on one party of the other (rather both), so please leave the political rhetoric out of it.

Thnk you Tampa for the correction. I humbly accept. I will share my experience however, the Constitution assures freedom of speech! I've stood against illegal immigration for many years, passsively for several before my son was killed, more aggressively after that. I do not see truth as mere rhetoric! My experience is what it is, that cannot be changed, only today and tomorrow can we make improvement.

It's my thread, so I guess it's okay for me to hijack it, but I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the story of your son...is it in a post or thread on the site somewhere?

Tampa, most of Kevin's story (thus the moniker kevinssdad) is in a thread. Ladyhawk and I were nearly twins if you think of our joining alipac as a bitrh LOL. She had just posted a story titled "no justice for my relative" paraphrased somewhat. It was so similar to Kevins story replying instinctively to her was likely my first ever anything on this site. But I have monitored the political situation and who is who in national politics for over 21 years. Written every Pres. and any Congress person representing themselves as my representataive. And the responses were non=responses from some of a certain party. If you search my posts I think you'll pick up the story. Thank you for your intererst! (I'm still trying to learn the how-to's in navigating this site or I'd try to be more helpful in finding it)