Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We had tornado warnings last night and the warning was written in Spanish and spoken in English. First time I've seen that. Usually it's written in both. The English was very quietly spoken. If you couldn't hear well or were deaf.......you wouldn't know what was going on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Noyoucannot: My family went through the same as yours but came from different countries. I have told people that don't speak English well and have been here for years about my families experiences and explain that there are free services availible to teach them English that were not there for my relatives. They have no excuses not learn English.

Charlesoakisland: Spaseebo. I had to reply this way as I only know how to put cyrillic in word.

Crazybird: That is bad. With hurricane warnings they are all in English and if you want to listen to them in Spanish there are both radio stations and TV stations that are all in Spanish.

Newmexican: Did you hear how they killed FM radio in Miami by putting on all those Spanish stations? The TV stations under regular cable have lots of Hispanic channels that many of us do even watch but are stuck with. I don't understand why they don't pay extra to have their channels as other ethnics have to get satellite dishes and pay extra for that. To get Ruusian programming you have to get the Dish Network.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

a Taco truck playing rap music on the playground is a common site in L.A.

Now that is disguisting!

noyoucannot wrote:
    swatchick, OH!! They told you that you had to speak Spanish because you lived in Miami! OUTRAGEOUS! This is the US of A and we speak English here. Miami is IN the US! I can't believe this. I mean, I believe you, but I am floored that things are this out of control! Good for you for standing your ground! More people need to do that and stop being intimidated.
    Born and raised in Miami, I know all too well the discrimination by latins that takes place down there. Thank god I don't live there anymore. Just moving 60 miles to the north made a huge difference!

Rockfish: I like your picture.

Thanks, I like your call sign. Are you really a swatchick?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12