Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Even if applications are down in the Portland area they are probably just going over to the Washington side. All they need is a PO Box there....
    When the law was finally passed by the legislature I remember seeing a big lineup in Vancouver--it was a Guatemalan consulate temporarily set up to help people get their "papers" in order.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The number of Spanish-speaking people taking Oregon’s driving test plummeted in February, just as Gov. Kulongoski’s executive order took effect requiring test-takers to provide valid Social Security numbers.
    They mean the number of ILLEGAL ALIEN spanish-speaking people, the ones who have NO authorization to be here. Legal spanish-speakers have no problems getting their licenses, as it should be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Right, tiredofapathy, but money is the crux of everything these days. I would hate to even suggest they unravel this, but money is the first and only reason there are illegals here, and governments that have to balance budgets are in the red. And money is why there will be at least one illegal DL mill set up somewhere to serve these poor "immigrants." Some of these folks are good enough to fake passports and print money that the Secret Service has a hard time telling apart from the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    [quote:1gvx2q6r]vortex wrote:
    Driver's license applicants number down, but unfortunately, those that are too afraid to go to DMV wil still get in their cars and drive, license or not!
    And the state will lose revenue from DL fees, while local governments have to pay for the accident clean-ups.

It's not a perfect world, vortex, but IMHO, illegals leaving b/c they are having difficulty getting to work is near-perfect.
    I think we need to focus less on losing tax-type revenues and more on getting the job done, particularly the part involving spending wisely.

Everyone might as well get used to the idea of belt-tightening and spending to straighten out the mess the politicians have made of our economy and our society as a whole. Even bringing cost up in this battle is counterproductive. Yes, the cost is going to be enormous, but do you think back-peddling or even treading water is going to reduce the costs? Suck it up people! What choice do you really have anyway?[/quote:1gvx2q6r]

I agree, tired. Many companies, both private and public, have made money on illegals for decades now. So it is a "false revenue." There will be a period of adjustment till we finally get down to consistent real revenue. Which means companies catering to illegals close down and the govt sector needs to rein in spending. IT'S ALL GOOD.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

AE

In Gresham, 215 took the test in Spanish in January, and only 20 in February.
    we live about two blocks away and it has suddenly become one of the most peaceful and fast DMV's in our area. My mother had to go into renew hers and said it was a breeze, she has NEVER seen it this way before, in many years.

PhredE, I agree on Kolonoscopy (as he is called in our family, or Ted Tax-and-gouge-me). He is a pleasant man, seems like on a personal level he would be a good friend or neighbor, but as a politician he is too inclined to take the side of special interest groups, and that really ticks me off.

CaptainRon, Washington's gov has been talking about making her state unavailable to illegals also, but she has yet to do it. We can only hope and pray she will get smart and take heed that trouble will head WA's way if they do not do the same.

This article made me so happy to see. I know it may be another few years before those who did get their licenses before the executive order took place, but yet they will not be able to renew here.

Another thing PhredE and CaptainRon, my daughter who is taking college courses (single mom), took a chance to apply for basic state health care coverage when she re-applied for her son, was actually approved, and even one year ago, this would have been impossible without two things that paved the way. The feds said no more non-verifiable people on the medicaid rolls, and Oregon not allowing licenses to illegals, which was giving them an "in" to state services (have a license, you're as good as gold as far as many workers had been concerned for many years).

So, when the government steps in and does their job, this is all proof that enforcement DOES work, it makes life better for legal immigrants and Americans.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

The story was the same elsewhere in the Portland area and statewide. At the main Hillsboro DMV office, 398 people took the test in Spanish in January, and then only 69 in February. In Gresham, 215 took the test in Spanish in January, and only 20 in February. Statewide, 4,542 took the test in Spanish in January and 665 in February.
    Here's the problem. The ones who got in to get their licenses before the law passed are good to go for another 8 years. I'd like to know what happens to these people if they're caught driving on those licenses and are proven to be in the country illegally.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

AE

tinybob, think about it, sure, they may have gotten their licenses right before the executive order, but....we all know they likely have a stolen SSNO to work with and with E-Verify, and with more enforcement by ICE, they WILL get caught, so their 8 years on that license matters little!!!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Latino immigrants suddenly avoiding the DMV
    In a perfect world, this headline would read:

LATINO ILLEGAL ALIENS SUDDENLY AVOIDING THE USA.

PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Latino immigrants suddenly avoiding the DMV
    In a perfect world, this headline would read:

LATINO ILLEGAL ALIENS SUDDENLY AVOIDING THE USA.

Exactly, OC. Why would they avoid the DMV if they're here legally?
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12