Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latino media expect 'fast and furious' income from president

Latino media expect 'fast and furious' income from presidential race

Photo: L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa gives a "fist bump" to presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama during the national convention of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) at the Washington, D.C., Hilton on July 8. Credit: Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images

The growing Latino population in the United States and attempts by both John McCain and Barack Obama to reach them promises big-bucks for Spanish-language media, according to Bloomberg News this morning.

Spanish-language broadcasters in the U.S. project their political advertising sales will soar this year as the presidential candidates woo Latinos in states that have a chance to tip the election.

"We are significant players in the battleground states," said Philip Wilkinson, chief operating officer of Entravision Communications Corp., owner of 51 Spanish-language television stations. "Presidential campaign advertising should come at the end of August, and then I think it's going to come fast and furious."

Latinos make up 12% to 37% of the electorate in Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Nevada, four of the six states that President Bush carried by five points or less in 2004, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, a Washington research group.

A poll last month showed that 66% of registered Latinos support Obama, and both he and John McCain have created Spanish-language TV spots to woo voters.

-- Deborah Bonello in Mexico City

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza ... ia-ex.html
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wooo.....the "Fist bump".....

We won't benefit as long as the money is going to Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My question is: how many of these Latino TV fans actually able to LEGALLY vote. There have already been a couple of instances where illegals have made it to the voter rolls. Oh, boy, the Supreme Court is going to be busy this year.

I look at it a little differently . It's Pay-o-la imo .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Is it me, or is that FIST BUMP the most riduculous gesture you've ever seen in politics? I'm sure that will be on the Obama postal stamp down the road...that is if he wins...UGH
    What part of illegal don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    My question is: how many of these Latino TV fans actually able to LEGALLY vote. There have already been a couple of instances where illegals have made it to the voter rolls. Oh, boy, the Supreme Court is going to be busy this year.
    My Answer: The democrats are going to make sure they vote whether they are legally able to or not. I guarantee that Villaragoisa will have 3 month old anchor babies "casting ballots ". That fist bump? Was a sign of sealing the deal.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

A "fist bump" ??

These two affirmative action recepients have no class or style.

First bump at international meetings - oh, yeah! President Putin will love that one.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

despite all the grand posturing, and self-interested media hype by the Spanish language media and the illegal alien advocacy cartel...the bottom line is the "Latino Vote" represents only 9% of the entire electorate. 9%.....big whip and many don't vote and not all are Democrats.