Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Latinos Were Key Factor in Arizona Recall Vote Read

Poll: Latinos Were Key Factor in Arizona Recall Vote

Written By Elizabeth Llorente

Published November 15, 2011

Fox News Latino

Latinos were a key factor in the defeat of Arizona State Senator Russell Pearce, author of the state’s controversial immigration law, according to a poll taken of voters.

Latinos voters supported Pearce’s challenger, fellow Republican Jerry Lewis, a political newcomer, by a three-to-one margin, according to Project New West, which conducted the poll.

They account for 13 percent of the recall electorate. Lewis won by 53.4 percent to 45.3 percent, a difference of around 1,800 votes.

Lewis told Fox News Latino that he made an extra effort to reach out to Latinos to urge them to vote. He said he often used his rudimentary Spanish to woo them.

“I think we can make a pretty good assumption that the Hispanic vote really made a huge difference in this election,â€

for the life of me I don't understand all you senator what part
    don't you Understand they are Not a USA Citizen they can not vote ?
    I think all of the Senator better go back to school or better go to the Library & read up On our history . they can not vote ?
    this is all about Vote .not one of you senator care about the american maybe one or two but not all I see on fox news about the
    poll about Obama . well it look like all of the illegal immigrants
    are the one that are on his side . it don't count ?
    Hello
    yes he look very worry . & I don't care . so in my book who ever get in I hope they do a better job .why mr W could do a better
    job why he is fighting for the USA . & he good he has my vote
    by the wayall of the illegal immigrants you don't do this
    in your Country so why are you doing this In Our country ?
    wake up all of you Senator .
    NO AMNESTY
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It figures they would think that way. I understand he lost in large part because the Mormons in AZ.

If it was the illegals that cost him the election, how did Brewer win by a landslide?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "