By LUCY MCCALMONT | 10/16/13 10:05 AM EDT
POLITICO

Conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham said Wednesday that the debt ceiling debate will leave Republicans on shaky ground on heading into talks on immigration reform.

“Right now I’m worried about the next countdown to cave in on the amnesty push, which I think is going to come,” Ingraham said on “Fox and Friends.”

“It will roll right after this to the push for immigration reform, which you know my views on that,” she added.

Ingraham hit Republicans on the strategy to defund Obamacare and said the lack of a plan for the debt ceiling conveyed “sense of chaos and uncertainty” leaving Republicans weakened as they head towards the upcoming immigration battle.

“Well, they’re weak. Well, the Republicans are— ‘oh, you’ve screwed up the Obamacare thing, now you’ve got to give way on this’ and there is going to be an enormous pressure on them on that,” Ingraham said.

And President Obama has already set sights on immigration reform as well, saying Tuesday it will be tackled after the shutdown and debt debate are resolved.

“So we’re going to have to get through this crisis that was unnecessary, that was created because of the obsession of a small faction of the Republican Party on the Affordable Care Act. Once that’s done, you know, the day after I’m going to be pushing to say, call a vote on immigration reform,” Obama said in an interview with Univision’s Los Angeles affilitate, KMEX.

Obama has already begun the offense against House Republicans on this issue as well.

“The only thing right now that’s holding [immigration reform] back is again, Speaker Boehner not willing to call the bill on the floor of the House of Representatives,” Obama said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...ush-98392.html