Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lawmaker: Obama to send 1,200 troops to border

Lawmaker: Obama to send 1,200 troops to border

5 commentsMay. 25, 2010 11:53 AM
    Associated Press

TUCSON - An Arizona congresswoman says the Obama administration will announce that it will send as many as 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to improve border security.

Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords also says in a statement Tuesday that President Barack Obama will request $500 million in funding for border security.

In 2006, President George W. Bush sent thousands of troops to the border to perform support duties that tie up immigration agents. The troops wouldn't perform significant law enforcement duties.

That program has since ended, and politicians in border states have called for troops to be sent there to curb human and drug smuggling and prevent Mexico's drug violence from spilling over into the United States.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... z0oyA1r3uM

It will be interesting to see in what type of role he allows them to be in. What we need for troops down their are 1200 Marine snipers not cooks, admin, water boys, ect. We need real military support where they are actually allowed to carry loaded M-16's.

MW
    1200 is not near enough (IMHO). However, I guess 1200 is better than nothing.

Now how about we send a large group of civil engineers and the necessary machinery to expand the border fence. I'm talking about a quality double-layered fence with a high-speed road between layers, not vehicle barriers and single-line fencing.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

1,200 National Guard troops to be deployed to border

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:59 am

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-200580.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

1200 insultingly low number. Not a serious effort.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IF -- IF -- IF the politicians especially the traitorous Obamanation Administration were REALLY serious about SECURE borders then they would TURN over border security to the UNITED STATES MILITARY and let our Generals handle it with 100% backing.

OUR BORDERS WOULD BE SECURE in a few months or LESS!!! Guaranteed!

PERIOD END OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    1200 is not near enough (IMHO). However, I guess 1200 is better than nothing.

Now how about we send a large group of civil engineers and the necessary machinery to expand the border fence. I'm talking about a quality double-layered fence with a high-speed road between layers, not vehicle barriers and single-line fencing.
    Not only that but place every 5 feet signs that state in English and Spanish the following language as what we had at a secure facility when I was in the military " Warning-US Government Property-Do Not Trespass-The Use Of Deadly Force Is Authorized"

When I worked military police at one of these facilities we were trained and instructed to shoot any violators first and then request medical assistance prior to questioning any survivors.

Only had to use my issued Mossburg 500 shotgun once and it caused that vehicle to come to an immediate halt when I blew the back window out of it.

These 1200 are going to Arizona. How about the rest of the border?
    If they are in Arizona the illegal aliens will just cross somewhere else.
    New Mexico is already reporting a recent increase in smuggling of illegals and drugs.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with MW's post in this same thread...I would even construct a triple-layer fence in the most dangerous areas, if feasible. With the understanding that a double-layer fence would be the norm for 85% of the border.

Ostrich

TURN over border security 100% to the UNITED STATES MILITARY and let our Generals handle it with 100% backing -- allow use of DEADLY force to protect AMERICA!

OUR BORDERS WOULD BE SECURE in a few months or LESS!!! Guaranteed!

PERIOD END OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast