Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lawmakers to Close 33 Military Bases in USA

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/13/ ... index.html

"Lawmakers to Close 33 Military Bases" and cut-back 29 more!!!

Does this SURPRISE anyone now that we know "What's Afoot"???

Leaving USA more defenseless than ever.....

Impeach Bush NOW!!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I heard on the news (CNN) that we won't be really saving any money because HALABURTON will be doing the environmental clean up on those facilities. OH SAY IT AIN'T SO! Let me guess "There is ole(oil) on them there Bases Dick!" Nothing would suprise me at this point. One of those bases in New York was scrambled on Sept. 11. Oh, they have something closer to keep us all safe. Doubt it!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Virginiamama--I don't believe it will save us ONE DIME. This isn't about SAVING MONEY....it's about reducing our DEFENSE at a time when WE NEED IT MORE THAN EVER!!

We need to fight to keep everyone of those BASES OPEN!!

Tell Rumsfeld to take a long vacation.......in El Salvador.....and leave us and our bases alone. I hear ElSal is lovely this time of year!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If they need to close military bases. Close those over seas and bring our troops home. We here at ALIPAC know where they can be put to good use.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Base Closings

Forget about the impact on the towns that surround these bases. The jobs that will be lost. Riddle me this: How in the world can you close bases in America while waging a war in Iraq, etc? We don't need bases in Germany. They can defend themselves. Ditto for South Korea, Bosnia, Japan, Saudi Arabia.... the list goes on and on. Other than that I will keep my REAL thoughts to myself.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

I can't believe this. I'm so speechless. Is this guy trying to one up Clinton as the worst president ever or what? How can Jorge get away with this in a time of war? All in the name of fiscal conservativism. Is this the DC way of saving money, just cut into our defense? Yet we are swimming in pork fat and not one mention of cutting into any of those frivilous programs. Not one mention of cutting into the spending on illegal alien invaders. Throw this bum president out of office. If anyone knows how to draft up a petition for Jorge's impeachment I'll gladly help spread the word and of course sign it myself. Maybe congress won't care, but I bet getting a few million signatures would shock the hell out of the insiders in the beltway. We need to start beating the drums for Jorge's impeachment now. We need to show these bureaucrats that we are mad as hell and we aren't going to take it anymore.

So much for Jorge being pro military huh?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Three hundred BILLION for Iraq...I don't know what the figure is for Afghanistan, but it isn't a low one...1.7 Billion for foreign aid in just this Last Spending Bill...etc and so on. Is this staggering, or what?

Lines and lines of pork in the budget...he has never applied the line-item veto on any of it..

Now he wants to close our bases? No. No. NO! To SAVE money? NO NO NO

Bring our men home from the 100+ countries that they now guard. HOME!

IMPEACH BUSH

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Well they will most likely use those old bases for internment camps for those who dare to protest against the government when America Becomes a POLICE STATE.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Judy- The administration threw the money saving aspect in to soften the blow. Unfortunately none of us are buying it. Sounds a lot like the insulting $2,000.00 fine for entering the country illegally. We Do need our bases NOW more than ever. I don't get it either...

Sixx- I disagree about those little towns. Sorry. Taking away our defenses is a given, I was adding the economic impact in for thought. The housing market, car dealerships, restaurants and retail DO depend on business from the military that are stationed near by. Some of those towns have lived with those bases for decades.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Impeach Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, SOMEONE needs to get a petition going to impeach Bush for treason!

Who can we get to get one started? It needs to go to congress and we need to get Bush out NOW!!! We will not have a country in 4 years! He is pushing his agenda hard and fast!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God