Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Lawyer denounces claims of racial profiling in AZ law

Lawyer denounces claims of racial profiling in AZ law

June 12, 2010 at 1:01pm

A California based lawyer is dismissing claims by many that the Arizona law aimed at cracking down on illegal aliens amounts to racial discrimination.

Brad Dacus, founder of the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI), http://www.pacificjustice.org/ does not think opponents of Arizona’s immigration bill have a real argument. He notes that all attempts to dismantle the measure are merely political.

"If Arizona was caught in violating basic due process rights -- if they were pulling people over without cause -- then that would be one thing," he contends. "But the law is indisputably constitutional, and any contentions against it are purely politically based."

Last week, the Los Angeles Unified School District voted against the Arizona law and sought to place a dent in the state's economy by ending funded employee travel to the neighboring state. The school district also pushed for history and civics classes to discuss the measure "in the context of unity, diversity and equal protection for all."

The city of Los Angeles, which had more than $26 million in contracts with Arizona this year, showed its disapproval of the bill by proposing a boycott against the state, calling for actions like ending pension and municipal bonds. Gloria Molina, the city's supervisor, called the immigration bill unconstitutional. She believes it goes "too far" and says she must defend the Constitution.

Dacus argues that the Arizona law is constitutional, and he does not think that actions against the state have legal basis.

"This boycott by the city of Los Angeles is purely political and has no legal foundation to support its legitimacy," he explains. "The law passed by Arizona is a duplicate of the federal statute. The only difference is that the federal government isn't enforcing their statute. This law is to explicitly prohibit any issue of race as a basis of pulling someone over."

The boycott would end contracts with Arizona-based companies and would demand review of other contracts with the state that may be canceled.

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/l ... -claims-of
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gloria Molina, the city's supervisor, called the immigration bill unconstitutional. She believes it goes "too far" and says she must defend the Constitution.
    Gloria molina is a la raza racist and wouldn't know anything about our Constitution. What she means is that she must defend those illegal invaders who are of the raza from being deported and she will use our Constitution as the basis for that effort.

Fat chance ms. reconquista!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All right, no racial profiling! And, when we need to find terrorist airline bombers, we will just detain the Canadian NHL teams.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    All right, no racial profiling! And, when we need to find terrorist airline bombers, we will just detain the Canadian NHL teams.
    When we went to Canada and were coming back we were detained and my daughter who was 16 and I were denied entry. Here dad had his greencard so he was allowed to go. We were in the country for a month and a half and did nothing illegal. In fact when I told them when I crossed the border into Buffalo and gave them my plates number they realized they made a mistake. Instead of admitting their error they denied my daughter and I entry and accused us of being terrorists. Yet those coming here from Mexico do it easily.
    Also a person I know was telling me about how ICE targets Canadians. his brother has a restaraunt and would hire 2 French Canadians during the winter for extra help. The only thing they are doing is working illegally while here for the winter compared to illegals who live here year round and work. ICE will come and pick up the Canadians and not bother with the Mexicans and Central Americans in the kitchen.

Here is an idea, lets call ALL of the travelers from our southern borders

"STBC's"

Soon
    To
    Be
    Canadians

That way nobody says we are profilling anyone of color!

Anyway, I thought it was funny....
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Hey Molina, what about THIS part of the Constitution?

"Article IV, Section 4.
    The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion..."

Mexican officials have admitted they are invading the USA.

or how about this part?

"Article III, Section 3.
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Molina is giving aid and comfort to Mexican invaders, SHE is Unconstitutional.