Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lead investigator in Mexico massacre is missing

Mexico City, Mexico (CNN) -- A lead investigator and another official looking into the massacre of 72 migrants whose bodies were found this week in northern Mexico are missing, President Felipe Calderon said Friday.

Calderon, who was giving a speech on drug violence, initially said the body of one of the men had been found. But he was handed a note few minutes later and corrected himself, saying the investigator was missing but there was no information about his death.

Mexican media reported Friday morning that two bodies had been found and that one of them belonged to the investigator.

The attorney general's office in Tamaulipas state, where the bodies of the 72 migrants were found Tuesday, identified the investigator as Roberto Jaime Suarez Vazquez. The news release did not name the other man other than to say he is a municipal police officer in San Fernando.

Both men disappeared Wednesday afternoon, the attorney general's office said.

Authorities have identified 31 of the 72 migrants whose bodies were found on a ranch near San Fernando, the attorney general's statement said. Of those identified, 14 came from Honduras, 12 were from El Salvador, four were from Guatemala and one from Brazil, the official said.

A young man from Ecuador who led navy personnel to the scene of the massacre said he escaped after pretending he was dead. He suffered a neck wound and remained hospitalized Friday.

Officials are investigating whether the Zetas drug cartel carried out the killings, as the young man reportedly told police.

Images of the scene show the bodies lying along the inside walls of a grain barn. The migrants are blindfolded, and their hands are bound. All are fully clothed.

Central American migrants traveling through Mexico on their way to the United States are often the victims of violence and other crimes.

"Every year, thousands of migrants are kidnapped, threatened or assaulted by members of criminal gangs," Amnesty International said in a report this week. "Extortion and sexual violence are widespread and many migrants go missing or are killed. Few of these abuses are reported, and in most cases those responsible are never held to account."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/ ... tml?hpt=T2
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is just another case for all the more reason to seal off the border!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Looks like someone in mexico didn't not want the person or persons responsible for the murder of 72 illegal aliens to see the light of justice.

I guess the hypocrites of mexico have a different way of dealing with their illegal immigration problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is what we will become in 20 years or less if we don't seal the border,Imo.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

not only must we seal the border ..

our nation MUST now consider mexico's drug gangs to be a national security threat the same as terrorist orgnzations ...

i fear for the life of mexico's president ... maybe our secret service should take over protective duties for him ....

I think military intervention could very easily become a necessity ....

Doing some reading this afternoon, not only did this lead investigator and officer get found dead after going missing two days ago, the Attorney General over the case is also missing.

I'm on my smart phone, so I can't post it.

This is so huge. People in the US don't realize what's going on in their back yard. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Janet Napolitano's office and see if they are even talking about this.

If you haven't heard, there was a second car bomb today and 14 bodies dumped at Alcapolco too.

How about the headless castrated bodies hanging from the bridges too??????
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    Doing some reading this afternoon, not only did this lead investigator and officer get found dead after going missing two days ago, the Attorney General over the case is also missing.

I'm on my smart phone, so I can't post it.

This is so huge. People in the US don't realize what's going on in their back yard. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Janet Napolitano's office and see if they are even talking about this.

If you haven't heard, there was a second car bomb today and 14 bodies dumped at Alcapolco too.

How about the headless castrated bodies hanging from the bridges too??????
    Yeah...these narco-terrorists are starting to make Al-Qaeda look civilized, but just barely. And it's right in our own back yard with no overt action on the part of our government to close the border. Amazing...

I keep trying to tell everyone that U.S. troops will soon be sent to Mexico unless some miracle by the Mexican government stops the insanity. No country can survive a neighboring country in complete and violent chaos. If we don't do something, and I mean SOON, it's going to get a lot worse.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Another update I read tonight that another mayor from the area of the mass murders today was murdered today. He was in his car and his 4 year old daughter was slightly wounded.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...