Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

League of Women Voters oppose deportations of IAs

League oppose deportations of illegal immigrants
    Oak Ridge, Knoxville Leagues participated in 18-month study--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Oak Ridger
    Posted Apr 24, 2008 @ 07:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OAK RIDGE, Tenn. — The National League of Women Voters has announced its official national position on immigration reform policy.

"After a lengthy and comprehensive study of this complex issue by our grassroots members, the League's position calls for a path to citizenship for current unauthorized immigrants," National League President Mary G. Wilson said in a news release.

The Oak Ridge and Knoxville chapters of the League of Women Voters participated in the study and contributed to the final consensus, according to the release.

''As part of overall immigration reform, the League supports a system for unauthorized immigrants already in the country to earn legal status, including citizenship, by paying taxes, learning English, studying civics and meeting other relevant criteria,'' Wilson stated. ''We oppose deportations of current unauthorized immigrants who have no history of serious criminal activity."

The full immigration policy approved by the National League's board of directors in March was studied by the organization's membership for more than 18 months. The policy achieved member consensus through a survey of the nearly 850 local Leagues.

Other elements of the League's position include support for increased enforcement personnel at borders, more effective tracking of individuals who enter the United States, and "significant" fines and penalties for employers who hire unauthorized workers.

"Furthermore, the League will champion due process for all persons, including the right to a fair hearing, right to counsel, right of appeal and right to humane treatment," according to the League's release. "The League position sets criteria for legal admission to the U.S., including family reunification of spouses or minor children; economic, business and employment needs in the U.S.; political persecution or humanitarian crises; and studying in the U.S."

The League will use this recently adopted position to guide its advocacy work on federal legislation introduced on this public policy issue.

The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League is open to both men and women. With more than 88 years of experience and 850 local and state affiliates, the League is one of America's most trusted grassroots organizations.
    http://www.oakridger.com/news/x883022735?view=print
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Liberalism and illegal alien hugging...both serious signs of a mental disorder.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

it's the kool aid . They have all gone insane
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

These can't be normal women. Its so stupid. Makes me wonder about women in politics.

''We oppose deportations of current unauthorized immigrants who have no history of serious criminal activity."
    Uh, how about identity theft, misuse or falsification of an official document, working without legal permission?

Which ones of those are (and aren't) 'serious criminal activity'?
    (Note: my opinion may differ from Ms. Wilson's)

They insult---

They insult most of the women I know. However , in spite of hearing that age old specious argument that it's a civil issue not criminal, I suggest that if we use the same attitude for other crimes, America will be in the wastebasket within a very few years.

Sounds like the OBL got to these people! I surmise that they would change their minds in a New York minute if they studied how many kids are killed/raped/abused/assaulted each year by the poor IA's who are "only trying to make a living". Reality has yet to slap them in the face!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

TexasBorn:
    Liberals have no logic nor capability to structure their thoughts based on reality. Not even if it hit them in the face.

I bet that those women would feel much different if they just bothered to talk to some women victims of Illegals raping them and beating them and so on.....
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Roger that 93! Some people live in a cocoon and have no idea of what's going on around them.

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    I bet that those women would feel much different if they just bothered to talk to some women victims of Illegals raping them and beating them and so on.....
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast