October 7, 2011 5:24 PM

Leahy plans Fast and Furious hearing with Holder

By Sharyl Attkisson

CBS News has learned the Democratic Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Patrick Leahy,D-Vt., is planning to schedule an oversight hearing with Attorney General Eric Holder.

Leahy's Republican counterpart on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, has been aggressively investigating the ATF "Fast and Furious" gunwalking scandal since early this year. So far, all hearings on the issue have been held in the House, where Republicans hold a majority.

Sen. Leahy has indicated that he believes, as a former prosecutor, the current congressional investigation must not interfere with the ongoing criminal investigations and prosecutions related to firearms trafficking in "Fast and Furious."

Leahy says, "I share the President's confidence in Attorney General Holder. He has continued to demonstrate his strong commitment to tough law enforcement, transparency and integrity."

Sen. Leahy is working to schedule an oversight hearing with Holder and other Justice Department leaders before the end of the year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-2 ... 91695.html

I saw an interview with Sharyl Attkisson last night. She played coy and would not repeat that she had been yelled at by Schultz. I wonder if her future stories remain objective or if she has been brought "in line".