Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Leaked video shows heated showdown when Border Patrol agents confront top officials o

Leaked video shows heated showdown when Border Patrol agents confront top officials over Biden's immigration policies

CHRIS ENLOE
    January 29, 2022

Leaked video footage shows that Border Patrol agenda in Laredo, Texas, engaged in a tense exchange with Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz on Friday over policies enacted by the Biden administration.

The exchange came two days after Border Patrol agents who work in southern Arizona turned their backs on Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas in protest of the Biden administration's immigration policies.

What happened in the video?

The video shows Border Patrol agents confront Mayorkas and Ortiz over low morale among Border Patrol agents, which was attributed to the Biden administration's lenient immigration policies.

One agent asked Mayorkas what steps the Biden administration would take to "get the ball rolling in a positive direction," but Mayorkas declined to answer the question and asked Ortiz to respond.

Ortiz then admitted that "morale is at an all-time low," but stressed that Border Patrol agents need to do a better job of taking care of agency leaders and agency leaders need to do a better job of taking care of rank-and-file agents.

"I get it. You come to work, you’re frustrated. You’re upset because you didn’t get the desired outcome that you want," Ortiz added. "Doesn’t mean you give up."

"We're not," one agent shot back.

"I know you’re not," Ortiz replied. "That’s why I’m saying, we don’t give up. We stay focused, we continue to do the job and the mission that we signed up for. We all signed up for it, we all raised our hand."

That is when the confrontation became heated.

One agent fired back that Border Patrol's job is to "defend the Constitution, not the administration." Another agent said "it's kinda hard to say that," referring to Ortiz's previous comments, but Ortiz screamed over that agent.

"It’s not hard to say it," Ortiz screamed. "It may be hard for you to say it, I’ve been doing this for 31 years. It’s not hard for me to say it."

In response, agents pointed out that administration policies run contrary to the mission of the Border Patrol, citing policies that permit the release illegal immigrants into the U.S.

"You're getting bogged down in the policies and the politics," Ortiz shot back.

Agents then responded that they are not even permitted to use the phrase "illegal alien," but Ortiz denied that was the case. "You just said it. See? Is anything going to happen to you?"

"Why are you so caught up in the semantics, right? There's a mission out there to be had guys," Ortiz added as agents continued to speak over him in protest. "We can sit here and argue until we're blue in the face. I've been doing this job as long as y'all."

"That’s the problem, chief," one agent fired back. "For evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. That’s exactly what’s happening here. Good men are doing nothing. You’re allowing illegal aliens to be dropped off in communities."

Leaked video shows heated showdown when Border Patrol agents confront top officials over Biden's immigration policies - TheBlaze
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a disaster.

Mayorkas and Ortiz ignore reality. Disgraceful.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)