Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legal Immigrant Runs for US Congress to Fight Illegal Immigr

Legal Immigrant Runs for US Congress to Fight Illegal Immigration

Vijay Kumar, a Bellevue, TN resident, is running for the Republican nomination in the August 7th primary for the 5th US Congressional district, presently held by Rep. Jim Cooper (D). A legal immigrant who has lived in Nashville for twenty-one years, Mr. Kumar’s platform emphasizes a strict immigration policy that centers on enforcing existing laws and protecting our borders, helping the U.S. develop a broad strategy to win the war against terrorism, promoting energy independence, and pro-life and pro-family legislation.

“As an immigrant, I know firsthand the value of what it means to come to America lawfully. I am grateful for being given the opportunity to live the American dream.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not to be a party pooper, but a few things to note:

He is a "former liberal" as recently as 2000. Why did he change his views?

Also, Arnold was made governator in Cali and we see how well THAT has gone.

I'm not saying to write Kumar off, but be very wary.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

....from my perspective and that of many 1st generation AMERICANS whose parents are naturalized citizens by virtue of a LEGAL process (NOT amnesty)....there is a quiet but growing resentment by recent immigrants, naturalized citizens and their families against the pro-illegal immigration, and seemingly Hispanic supremacist agenda ..............I wholeheartedly agree with his opinion on assimilation and English as the official language....there should be NO PREFERENCE for one racial minoritie's native language over others, all should learn, read, write, and use ENGLISH.....if they live, work, or study here. Being multi-lingual is great but there must be insistence on EVERYONE using one common language ......

BTW....English is the official language of India. He gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    ....from my perspective and that of many 1st generation AMERICANS whose parents are naturalized citizens by virtue of a LEGAL process (NOT amnesty)....there is a quiet but growing resentment by recent immigrants, naturalized citizens and their families against the pro-illegal immigration, and seemingly Hispanic supremacist agenda ..............I wholeheartedly agree with his opinion on assimilation and English as the official language....there should be NO PREFERENCE for one racial minoritie's native language over others, all should learn, read, write, and use ENGLISH.....if they live, work, or study here. Being multi-lingual is great but there must be insistence on EVERYONE using one common language ......

BTW....English is the official language of India. He gets it.
    Bravo legalatina, I couldn't have said it better!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

From Kumar for Congress Website:

Immigration

We must secure our borders. It is our national responsibility to our citizens. We cannot shirk that responsibility. Unsecured borders are an emergency that requires our highest priority. The security of our borders is an economic issue, but equally important, an issue of national security.

We must work with The Department of Homeland Security so that they can arrest, detain, and deport those who seek to enter the United States illegally.

Driving is a privilege. Illegal immigrants are not entitled to a license.

Creating economic open borders among the United States, Canada, and Mexico will weaken our economy.

We must revive the melting pot model of cultural assimilation. To do otherwise destroys our very social fabric. We must emphasize assimilation into our society, and make every immigrant proud to be an American, period, and not a hyphenated American.

Jobs in the United States are for those who are here legally. We must implement a national system by which citizenship is verified as a requirement for hiring an applicant. For those applicants who seek to enter the United States legally, we must speed up the process so that they can become contributing members of our society. When we have overhauled our currently outmoded immigration system and curbed the flow of illegals across our borders, this task should become doable.
    http://www.kumarforcongress.com/2004070 ... ation.html

I admit there is a great leap from supporting Gore to his present positions, but people grow and learn.