Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

But my often ultra-liberal thinking Valley Yellow Dog Democrat replied in-kind, "Very difficult issue. On the one hand, 'those people' should not be here. On the other hand, we are happy to have them pluck our chickens and mow our grass and fix our cars."
    Maybe YOU are, but I am NOT!

"Denying them drivers' licenses prevents them from getting automobile insurance. Denying their children education means we raise more dummies - we have enough native-born illiterates as it is. Denying them regular health care means greater stress on emergency facilities. The states and localities cannot fix the problem piecemeal by themselves without creating a patchwork of illogical and unjust restrictions."
    The object is to make it less attractive to be in the US illegally and to keep American taxpayers from subsidizing their existance here.

Because there's no dog like a legal dog.
    You are finally starting to get the message.

Matter of fact, I say its nothing more than subsidized tuition for lawbreakers. And it's just another reason to tar and feather these guys and gals in the General Assembly.
    You said it, I didn't (in case the moderator is watching).

In his announcement speech, GOP lieutenant-governor nomination candidate Bill Bolling said he supported denying state benefits to illegal aliens as Virginia's lieutenant governor. But the other lieutenant-governor candidates have distanced themselves from the issue. Why, I'm not sure.
    Probably a little short in the guts department.

Bob McDonnell, Steve Baril and Creigh Deeds are AWOL on the issue ... when Virginia's public safety and the enforcement of existing laws should be the first priority of any candidate running for the attorney general's position.
    Probably following the lead of that guy in the big white house.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!