Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legislator takes eligibility question to election officials

This looks hopeful .... Let's write New Hampshire State Rep. Laurence Rappaport encouraging words!
    house_communications@leg.state.nh.us <house_communications@leg.state.nh.us>
    Webpage: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/m ... ber=376854

'I expect somebody to come up with answers; so far that hasn't happened'
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=109915

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: September 15, 2009
    10:01 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

New Hampshire State Rep. Laurence Rappaport

New Hampshire State Rep. Laurence Rappaport, R-Colebrook, is tired of telling his constituents that he's not sure of Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as president.

So late last week, Rappaport says, he met with New Hampshire's secretary of state, William Gardner, who oversees the state's elections, to demand answers. Rappaport took with him a pair of allegedly genuine, Kenyan birth certificates that declare Obama was born in Africa, and not in the U.S., as has been widely reported.

"Several of my constituents have raised the issue, 'Where was Mr. Obama born? Was he born in Kenya, or was he born in Hawaii?'" Rappaport told WND. "I have two Kenyan birth certificates that I presented to Mr. Gardner, and he said he would 'look into it.'"

Join the petition campaign to demand President Obama resolve the questions over his birthplace by revealing his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

"Regardless of where he was born, is he a natural born citizen as required by the Constitution? I don't know the answer to that," Rappaport said. "My understanding is that … a natural born citizen had to be someone with two American parents. If that's true, his father was a Kenyan and therefore a British subject at the time. Then there's the issue: If he was born out of the country, was his mother old enough at the time to confer citizenship?

"I expect somebody to come up with the legal answers to this," Rappaport told WND, "and so far that hasn't happened."

(Story continues below)

"There's been virtually nothing released regarding [Obama's] school records or his birth records, and the thing that bothers me is that I think as a citizen of the United States, we have the right to know that," Rappaport said. "So far I haven't gotten answers to any of those questions, and my constituents haven't either. We feel we need to know this."

Rappaport clarified that the Kenyan birth certificates he found online – one with a footprint, one without – aren't necessarily reliable, as they haven't been verified by experts, and Rappaport doesn't claim to be an expert. He said he merely presented them to Gardner because online images are all the proof he has of Obama's birth, whether in the U.S. or in Africa.

"Regardless of where this lands, I'm willing to accept the evidence as presented in a court," Rappaport said, "but so far that hasn't been done."

WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some of the lawsuits over the dispute question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated over $1 million to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest the questions.

Thus far, dozens of the cases have been thrown out of court or dismissed without a hearing, and, as Rappaport pointed out, none of courts have yet required Obama produce documentation of his eligibility to serve as president.

WND has reported that among the documentation not yet available for Obama includes his long-form birth certificate, kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and his adoption records.

See the movie Obama does not want you to see: Own the DVD that probes this unprecedented presidential eligibility mystery!

What Rappaport has found, however, is a flood of support. WND asked him what kind of response he has gotten since news of his meeting with Gardner was first circulated online last week:

"Oh my! Do you even have to ask?" he laughed. "I haven't been off the phone for two or three days now, and I wouldn't be surprised if I've gotten over 100 emails."

WND asked him if had also gotten angry email from Obama supporters, as WND receives regularly.

"No, not one," he said, "and that tells me something too."

In some of the initial, widely circulated reports of Rappaport's meeting with Gardner, it was reported that New Hampshire's secretary of state agreed to open an "investigation," but Rappaport told WND Gardner merely said he'd "look into it."

"I hope that either there's a formal investigation – though that would fall under the Attorney General – of potential fraud," Rappaport said. "But I'm not coming down on either side; I just want the answer. I think we're due the answer."

WND contacted Gardner's office for confirmation of the meeting or comment, but received no response.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Re: Legislator takes eligibility question to election offici

I sent this:

I cannot believe the pushback by this President, just because we want him to show his LONG Birth Certificate.
    Something us commoners have to do at least once every 5 years! What's he exempt from laws???
    I totally believe Obama to have been born in Kenya.
    Since his mom and dad were Communists that he is a Communist too!
    Bill Ayres and Valerie Jarrett's parents were also Communists. They hung out together in Communist groups.
    These just came to light this week. Researchers discovered it.
    Of course we are all labeled racists because we speak the truth.
    Glenn Beck just announced he was interviewing Obama Monday night. Hope its true.
    He said he would get the answers to questions.
    My question is "Where's the Long Form Birth Certificate?"
    Again, thank you and of course you do know to get your info on Obama's Birth from the WorldnetDaily website.
    www.wnd.com
    Dick Morris

Glenn Beck just announced he was interviewing Obama Monday night. Hope its true.
    Whoaa! Wow! I don't think that Glenn would have announced that unless it was very true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No way in heck Beck gonna ask him to show is bc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Whoaa! Wow! I don't think that Glenn would have announced that unless it was very true.
    I have more doubts in Obama speaking to Glenn Beck than I do hopes.
    Dick Morris