Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Letter from AZ Governor Jan Brewer to President Obama

An impatient Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer leans on Obama again over illegal immigrants
    June 24, 2010

President Obama was busy Thursday entertaining Russian President Dmitry Medvedev with local cheeseburgers. Obama paid the bill.

But in his White House mailbox the American chief executive should find a new letter from an impatient Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer about the illegal immigrant and unsecured federal border issues -- and laced with a little salsa.

The Republican governor is reminding the Democrat president that three weeks ago during their overdue Oval Office meeting he promised to send her more material within two weeks, especially regarding deployment of National Guard troops to fulfill the federal government's role of securing the nation's international borders.Arizona and Obama officials now have a June 28 meeting set.

Her letter comes the week before Obama's Justice Department is expected to sue Arizona over its tough new illegal immigrant law that seeks to enforce U.S. laws against illegal immigrants that the U.S. is not enforcing.

Citing recent reports of federal lands within Arizona being closed to Americans because they are infested with criminals and....

...potentially dangerous illegal immigrants, Brewer says: "This is unacceptable."

"Instead of warning Americans to stay out of parts of our own country," she adds, "we ought to be warning international lawbreakers that they will be detained and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." (As usual, the full text of her letter is below.)

The governor takes the opportunity to reiterate her own four-point border security surge strategy and to request overdue federal reimbursements of hundreds of millions of dollars ion state expenses for illegal immigrant costs.

Obama has maintained that securing the border with Mexico can only happen as part of a broader immigration reform package that he doesn't see happening for some time. Polls have shown, however, that about two-thirds of Americans agree with Arizona's stance on tightening immigrant law enforcement now.

And within Arizona the dispute has within only three months vaulted Brewer from a three-way tie to far ahead of Republican challengers in the state's August gubernatorial primary. Her likely opponent is Democrat Attorney General Terry Goddard, who after meeting with Obama's attorney general, Eric Holder, has refused to defend the state law.

Louisiana's Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal has also surged in local support for his work on the oil spill disaster, while Louisianans disapprove of Obama's crisis contributions by about 60%.

Although Brewer's letter is dated Wednesday, it almost seems to note Obama's Thursday lunch with the Russian. She invites the president to tour Arizona's troubled border areas with her, as New Mexico's next door Democrat Gov. Bill Richardson did.

"And when you do come," Gov. Brewer closes, "lunch is on me!"

Text of Letter from Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer to President Obama, as provided by her officeJune 23, 2010

Dear Mr. President:

Thank you for the opportunity to visit with you in person during my recent trip to Washington, D.C. As you know, the issue of border security is foremost in the thoughts of many Arizonans and Americans alike, and I appreciated the chance to personally relate to you my concerns and outline my proposed solutions.

Mr. President, the need for action to secure Arizona’s border could not be clearer. Recently, my office received a number of calls from constituents concerned at reports of new sign postings in interior counties of Arizona warning residents not to access federal lands due to criminal activity associated with the border. These warnings signal to some that we have handed over portions of our border areas to illegal immigrants and drug traffickers. This is unacceptable.

Instead of warning Americans to stay out of parts of our own country, we ought to be warning international lawbreakers that they will be detained and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We ought to be establishing measures to ensure that illegal traffic of any sort is kept to an absolute minimum, and that Americans are safe and secure within our own borders.

When we visited, you committed to present details, within two weeks of our meeting, regarding your plans to commit National Guard troops to the Arizona border and expend $500 million in additional funds on border security matters. You also discussed sending members of your senior staff to Arizona to discuss your plans. While I am pleased the 28th has been set for a meeting time and we have reviewed a copy of the Department of Homeland Security’s “Southwest Border Next Stepsâ€

I APPLAUDE THIS GOVENOR AND WHAT SHE IS DOING FOR THE STATE OF ARIZONA. SHE HAS THE GUTS AND THE SPUNK TO GO UP AGAINST THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. SHE IS ONE CLASSY WOMAN AND I WISH HER WELL. YOU GO JAN BREWER

she isnt backing down, but ramping up! too bad little co-operation will come from the president, imo at the least. amnesty by executive order would have AZ and all the other border states overrun with mexicans and south americans in mere hours!

OBAMA HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A BIGGER IDIOT THAN GEORGE BUSH EVER WAS JMHO IT WOULD REALLY BE DIRTY AND UNDER HANDED FOR HIM TO DO SOMETHING LIKE GRANTING AMNESTY BEHIND THE BACKS OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

george who?

this governor knows whats going on and obama is clueless

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    And now Drug Cartels are threatening Nogales Police Chief Kirkham and his officers. He wrote to Napolitano asking for assistance and like Brewer has received no answer. And what does that absolutely useless waste of taxpayer dollars and oxygen Napolitano impersonating a Homeland Insecurity Secretary do? Instead of securing our borders, she is telling everyone the border is secure while authorities had to post signs warning Americans of the danger posed by drug cartels operating with impunity on our soil. She spoke before another Latino pro-open borders group campaigning for open borders and amnesty. This is so far beyond insane I swear we must be living in the twilight zone. George Soros and other open borders schumcks are proceeding with their destruction of the US agenda.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I really hope that more state elected officials of Gov. Brewer's caliber get voted in all over the country this Nov. I truly believe that this is our last chance at a "peaceful" solution. If our will as Americans can not be heard through voting then it will be heard by force. If it gets to that then it will be very hard to tell legal from illegal through the scope of a rifle. I am not calling for violence but it does indeed seem that violence is calling us out.

Being in this country illegally is a felony right? Citizens have the right to make citizens arrests when it is a felony violation correct? Or am I misinformed?

I seriously believe Obama and the rest of the cronies want all of this to happen along with the inaction of the Gulf oil spill. Now they are attacking the First Amendmant again,which the Supreme Court just finished defending this year. The "Disclose Act" passed the House and goes to the Senate. I already called my Senators to tell them "NO"

I also asked them if there was any way we could get rid of Obama out of the Whitehouse....this man is an idiot!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Welcome to ALIPAC Bungle24
    Being in the USA illegally is unlawful but not a felony.

What is a felony is aiding and embetting these illegals. Even hiring them for jobs is a felony,but as you can see,the corporations and businesses also thumb their noses up at the laws also. So in a sense we are already becoming a third world nation with lawlessness as the start of it!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast