Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

LETTER: English is America's language

www.lufkindailynews.com

William D. Strinden, M.D., Lufkin

Sunday, September 04, 2005

A recent decision by a Dallas area school board to require school administrators to learn Spanish so they can speak to parents of the children in the schools is terribly misguided. Only the judicial decrees ordering ballots and other government documents to be printed in convenient languages is more misguided. No one is a greater advocate for foreign language instruction than I. In the hugely populated country of India, it is understood by the educated populace that despite the hardships and indignations of British colonialism the greatest gift bestowed upon the people was the English language. In an enormous land with over a hundred languages spoken regionally, there was no way they would ever have been able to come together to achieve a common nation unless there was a common language. They would not have been able to discuss their differences peacefully.

This is not some occult mystery, but has been proven over and over throughout history. If an influx of immigrants, legal and illegal, refuse to learn the language of the land, it sets the groundwork for civil war. Kosovo is a recent good example, but the German population in Sudentenland helping to ignite the second world war also comes to mind. Even French-speaking Quebec in our ever-so-polite neighbor to the north agitates decennially for independence.

I think every ethnic group in the American melting pot should maintain their own language proficiency, thereby helping America in international trade. However, it is imperative that we speak a common language. No ballot, driver's license permit, or any official paper should ever be printed in anything but English. If we enable this particular immigrant group to carve out its own ethnic enclave in contradistinction to the hundreds of other immigrant groups over the history of America, I predict bloody civil strife in 50 years. If Hispanics are forced to be Americans, I predict that America will remain the bastion of opportunity which drew our ancestors here in the first place.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: LETTER: English is America's language

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    www.lufkindailynews.com

William D. Strinden, M.D., Lufkin

Sunday, September 04, 2005

A recent decision by a Dallas area school board to require school administrators to learn Spanish so they can speak to parents of the children in the schools is terribly misguided. Only the judicial decrees ordering ballots and other government documents to be printed in convenient languages is more misguided. No one is a greater advocate for foreign language instruction than I. In the hugely populated country of India, it is understood by the educated populace that despite the hardships and indignations of British colonialism the greatest gift bestowed upon the people was the English language. In an enormous land with over a hundred languages spoken regionally, there was no way they would ever have been able to come together to achieve a common nation unless there was a common language. They would not have been able to discuss their differences peacefully.

This is not some occult mystery, but has been proven over and over throughout history. If an influx of immigrants, legal and illegal, refuse to learn the language of the land, it sets the groundwork for civil war. Kosovo is a recent good example, but the German population in Sudentenland helping to ignite the second world war also comes to mind. Even French-speaking Quebec in our ever-so-polite neighbor to the north agitates decennially for independence.

I think every ethnic group in the American melting pot should maintain their own language proficiency, thereby helping America in international trade. However, it is imperative that we speak a common language. No ballot, driver's license permit, or any official paper should ever be printed in anything but English. If we enable this particular immigrant group to carve out its own ethnic enclave in contradistinction to the hundreds of other immigrant groups over the history of America, I predict bloody civil strife in 50 years. If Hispanics are forced to be Americans, I predict that America will remain the bastion of opportunity which drew our ancestors here in the first place.
    "This is not some occult mystery, but has been proven over and over throughout history. If an influx of immigrants, legal and illegal, refuse to learn the language of the land, it sets the groundwork for civil war"The sad thing about that is,it has reached a point that we Americans are no longer sure if out Government will turn our Armies on us,or them.Just think of all the LIVES that have been lost fighting for this country and then try to imagine all of those LIVES being lost in vain because of "One Deamon from Texas" Just ONE (1)man.A so called "Christian from Crawford".
    Stop the TALK and move for "IMPEACHMENT" TODAY!!
    I know one of us has the nerve to make that move.I hope so. If we don`t do it soon "Impeachment" will be a thing of the past,just like our country.
    We`ll have to worry about "Cheney" at another time, but for now let`s remove the known "DEAMON" from POWER.It will be the smartest thing America has done in Decades.I am sure it will make us feel better about ourselves and the country will be better also.

A recent decision by a Dallas area school board to require school administrators to learn Spanish so they can speak to parents of the children in the schools is terribly misguided.
    "Terribly misquided" is a seriously understated way to express the sheer stupidity and mendacity of this outrage. "Boneheaded" "Idiotic" "Moronic" are more appropriate designations.

This is all a part of the liver lillied left's attempt to internationalize this country. It is a way of tearing down the "white man's influence." Much like the open disdain in many quarters for the philosphies and writings of "dead white men."

This sort of perfidy must be resisted with great rhetorical violence. This is beyond an outrage. Stop it now!!!
    When we gonna wake up?

America, the melting pot, has become America the Boiling Pot. Someone said civil war in 50 years? No No...civil war in three to five years if our government does not move immediately. It isn't ME that says so...it's others who are younger and more hotheaded.

I'm still willing to negotiate, which is the claim to fame of the aged. I'm willing for them to close the border and deport all illegals to their land of origin--at the expense of their land of origin. There is no other solution that I am able to see that would save our country, our culture, our language and our children.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Every other group of immigrants in America's history came to America. The current group of immigrants, from wherever they are, show up here and then have the gaul to DEMAND the America come to them!

They fly flags in their cars and outside their homes from the cultures and countries that they left for "better opportunities" and can't seem to let go of these cultures, despite the simple fact that THEY HAD TO LEAVE THEM TO COME HERE!

What's worse is that we have a legislature that capitulates to these new immigrants and silences anybody who says differently by calling them "racist, culturalist, nativist" etc, etc, etc.

The concept of the melting pot doesn't mean that all the different cultures pull apart and refuse to assimilate once they get here. It means that they assimilate with what was already here. It's time to start enforcing this notion in our everyday lives.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=assimilate

as·sim·i·late
    v. as·sim·i·lat·ed, as·sim·i·lat·ing, as·sim·i·lates
    v. tr.

1. Physiology.
    1. To consume and incorporate (nutrients) into the body after digestion.
    2. To transform (food) into living tissue by the process of anabolism; metabolize constructively.
    2. To incorporate and absorb into the mind: assimilate knowledge.
    3. To make similar; cause to resemble.
    4. Linguistics. To alter (a sound) by assimilation.
    5. To absorb (immigrants or a culturally distinct group) into the prevailing culture.

¿Comprende Amigo?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)