Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from John McCain

i got this in the mail the other day....

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform and border security. i appreciate knowing your views and for the opportunity to explain my position

One of the most important aspects of immigration reform is enforcement. Our experiences with current immigration laws have proven outdated or unrealistic laws that are unenforceable. In recent years we have more than doubled the number of agents patrolling our border and quintupled the border patrol budget all in an effort to enforce current immigration laws, yet illegal immigration has drastically increased. Rather than dismiss border and immigration enforcement as an impossibility, we should enact comprehensive immigration reform measure that promote strong border security and enforcement wile also recognizing the labor needs of our country.

I have been working with many of my colleagues, as well as president bush, to pass legislation to fix the broken immigration system and will continue to do so until we get the job done. During the last congress, I introduced the Secure American and Orderly Immigration Act, a bipartisan and comprehensive immigration reform bill that inckluded stong border security and enforcement provisions. Major elements of our bill were incorporated into s.2611, the comprehensive immigration reform act, which passed the senate on may 25,2006. Unfortunately, the house of representatives refused to address immigration reform in a comprehensive manner and we were unable to reach and agreement to get a bill to the president's desk.

I remain hopeful that the 100th congress will seize the opportunity to finally enact immigration reform legislation. I consider it to be one of the most critical elements to our national security efforts. It must provide for stronger border security and enforcement provisions and strengthen the laws and penalties against those who hire undocumented workers. Such legislation must also meet the legitimate labor needs of our nation so that jobs that would otherwise go unfulfilled can be filled.

One of the most challenging issues for any immigration reform measure is how to address the undocumented population. This is a very difficult challenge that attracts a wide range of diverse views. In my judgement, we need practical solutions for dealing with the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants currently living and working in our country. and it needs to be carried out in a manner that fosters the social, economic, and security interest of the united states.

Let me be clear, i do not support amnesty. We can't reward lawbreakers, but we also have to deal with the reality of this enormous undocumented population. Considering our national interest in identifying these individuals and our inability to round up and deport all of them, we must provide them with incentives to come forward, complete background checks, pay any owed taxes and stiff penalties for breaking the law, learn to speak english, and regularize their status.

The complex and different problems associated with immigration and border security are among the toughest challenges facing our nation today and can not be solved overnight or in a piecemeal manner. I WILL CONTINUE WORKING TO ADVANCE COMPREHENSIvE IMMIGRATION REFORM UNTIL IT IS ENACTED INTO LAW.

Again, thank you for contacting me. please feel free to contact me on this or any other issue of concern.

This guy is a LOSER in my book, Inforce employment verification and heavy fines to companies and they will self deport, why can't these idiots get this.

This should put to rest anyone who thinks McCain is shifting his position to enforcement. He hasn't moved at all. Don't waste your time even listening to his words. He seems to be less and less a major player these days. He's going the way of John Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut
    This guy is a LOSER in my book, Inforce employment verification and heavy fines to companies and they will self deport, why can't these idiots get this.
    they do get it, they just don't want them to self deport, they want their new form of slave labor that is all there is to it, our country has not learned their lesson in that respect, theyare still looking for new kinds of slaves now it is the illegal immigrants!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Re: Letter from John McCain

In recent years we have more than doubled the number of agents patrolling our border and quintupled the border patrol budget

Well, you wouldn't have to keep doubling the number you hire if the government wouldn't keep putting the ones we have in prison for doing their jobs!!!!!

NEXT........

Why does some of the American people and most politicians buy into the rhetoric that we need 'comprehensive' immigration reform?

No, we don't.

All we need is enforcement of existing laws of which they are un-willing to do because it is not in the best interests of their corporate handlers craving for cheap labor.

Does your car that works perfectly but just sits in the garage need replaced so you can get to the store? No you don't need a new car, just fire up ole faithful and get going.

This word 'comprehensive', what does it mean in the context of immigration? Which definition are they trying to interpretate it as?
    Does it mean they want to include all illegals into our country, or does it mean that they understand that all of the illegals want to rape our country and be left alone to do it?

They need to comprehend that we the people are against them and we want our laws enforced. If they can't enforce our laws, then they are inept and need to go. Don't all of them swear to obey and enforce our laws, to protect and defend the Constitution?

Right there is a case to ship all of the current admin. and most of Congress for lying under oath.

comprehensive definition
    adj.
    1. So large in scope or content as to include much: (a comprehensive history of the revolution.)
    2. Marked by or showing extensive understanding: (comprehensive knowledge.)
    n.
    1. An examination or series of examinations covering the entire field of major study, given in the final undergraduate or graduate year of college. Often used in the plural.
    2. A preliminary layout showing all the elements planned for an advertisement.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

This loser is going nowhere. Let him keep harping about the need for "comprehensive immigration reform", he doesn't get it and never will. He also won't get votes.
    If he thinks he's going to ba a front runner I've got news for him. he just got a taste of it in Iowa. He was hammered again and again with questions on immigration and none of his responses satisfied the crowd. This old windbag is done for.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Az needs to get rid of this guy. The only way that illegal immigration is going to stop from Latin America and Mexico is to build the fence. It will not stop all of the illegal immigration but will cut it by one half and then we can focus on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    Why does some of the American people and most politicians buy into the rhetoric that we need 'comprehensive' immigration reform?

No, we don't.

All we need is enforcement of existing laws of which they are un-willing to do because it is not in the best interests of their corporate handlers craving for cheap labor.

Does your car that works perfectly but just sits in the garage need replaced so you can get to the store? No you don't need a new car, just fire up ole faithful and get going.

This word 'comprehensive', what does it mean in the context of immigration? Which definition are they trying to interpretate it as?
    Does it mean they want to include all illegals into our country, or does it mean that they understand that all of the illegals want to rape our country and be left alone to do it?

They need to comprehend that we the people are against them and we want our laws enforced. If they can't enforce our laws, then they are inept and need to go. Don't all of them swear to obey and enforce our laws, to protect and defend the Constitution?

Right there is a case to ship all of the current admin. and most of Congress for lying under oath.

comprehensive definition
    adj.
    1. So large in scope or content as to include much: (a comprehensive history of the revolution.)
    2. Marked by or showing extensive understanding: (comprehensive knowledge.)
    n.
    1. An examination or series of examinations covering the entire field of major study, given in the final undergraduate or graduate year of college. Often used in the plural.
    2. A preliminary layout showing all the elements planned for an advertisement.
    Thank you. You beat me to the punch on this one.