Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Letter from Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan

This is a response letter I received today from Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan.

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the issue of immigration. I appreciate you sharing your views with me.

As you know, the United States Senate passed legislation earlier this year in response to the serious problems with our nation's immigration system. While I consistently voted for tough enforcement provisions and to provide the resources necessary to secure our borders, I voted against this final bill because it does not do enough to protect American jobs. Also, I continue to oppose amnesty and Social Security for illegal immigrants. This legislation is now before the House of Representatives.

President Bush's new guest worker program, contained in the bill, opens our borders to hundreds of thousands of new guest workers every year. Importing cheap foreign labor is wrong for Michigan and wrong for America. We need an effective immigration system that works for businesses and communities and that protects the basic rights of legal immigrants, who are such an important part of our state economy and quality of life. In the end, this legislation failed to strike the proper balance between security, fairness and preserving Michigan jobs.

Thank you for contacting my office. I will keep your strong views in mind if the Senate considers this issue again. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

Senator Stabenow is definitely a keeper.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I think I'm in love.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Stabenow Report Card from NumbersUSA

Don't let the pretty bow of words of Debbie "Dangerously Incompetent" Stabenow fool you. Her voting record is getting worse. She's definitely not "a keeper."

Banned
    Don't let the pretty bow of words of Debbie "Dangerously Incompetent" Stabenow fool you. Her voting record is getting worse. She's definitely not "a keeper."
    I believe you. She seemed to be very much on the edge all the way up to the final vote on S. 2611. Ya think the "get tough" attitude in this letter is just part of her re-election strategy?

MW
    Sondra wrote:

Okay, I just fell out of love! Thanks for breaking my heart Sondra.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I believe you. She seemed to be very much on the edge all the way up to the final vote on S. 2611. Ya think the "get tough" attitude in this letter is just part of her re-election strategy?
    Perhaps you could write her again re her grade at the website?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She is up for re-electiopn and the light has come on. Her report card is not good. I think she whould work at McDonalds.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Sondra wrote:

Okay, I just fell out of love! Thanks for breaking my heart Sondra.

LOL I do what I can.

Just want to keep the truth out there. Remember, Ms. Debbie is a politician who's trying to save her career. If the residents of MI have two brain cells to rub together, she'll be gone.

I was watching that vote on C-SPAN and I noticed that some Senators waited to the very last minute to cast their votes. I think they were waiting to see if the bill was going to pass, therefore giving them the opportunity to vote NO, without affecting the outcome. I wonder if she was one of those Senators.[/quote]
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!