Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Senator Sherrod Brown

Dear Mr. Magyart:

Thank you for contacting me about my views on the current immigration proposals being considered by Congress.

The Senate recently again considered immigration when S. 1639 was introduced. Immigration is an important issue facing our country, and I believed this bill deserved to be addressed. On June 28, 2007, the Senate rejected a cloture motion to proceed to final passage of S.1639 by a vote of 46 yeas to 53 nays.

I was deeply concerned about the guest worker programs in this bill, and voted against proceeding to a final vote.

Should these issues come again before the Senate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
    Sherrod Brown

Actually, Brown, I believe, is basically for amnesty. He voted YES for cloture on S. 1348 and the first cloture vote on s. 1639. He voted NO on the last and definitive cloture vote on s. 1639. I think his last cloture vote was more that he saw support for the bill falling apart so he jumped on the wagon to be on the winning side. I think that vote was more a reactionary one to circumstances than one of conviction. But, I could be wrong here. Anyone from Ohio Buckeyeland know what might have been in his head?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, his voting record suggests that he would be one of the last ones to turnaround at the last minute and vote down anything associated with CIR.

But, in the end, he did - and I'm glad. I'll take it. He did the right thing this time. Maybe his constituents can remind him frequently that 'doing the right thing' is a necessary part of doing his publicly-funded job.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Actually, Brown, I believe, is basically for amnesty. He voted YES for cloture on S. 1348 and the first cloture vote on s. 1639. He voted NO on the last and definitive cloture vote on s. 1639. I think his last cloture vote was more that he saw support for the bill falling apart so he jumped on the wagon to be on the winning side. I think that vote was more a reactionary one to circumstances than one of conviction. But, I could be wrong here. Anyone from Ohio Buckeyeland know what might have been in his head?
    I don't know what's in his head, but I suspect you are correct. He has made comments that he's against amnesty but would work for a method to bring illegal aliens out of the shawdows.

Member of the Buckeye nation.

I'm in Ohio and I know a couple of people here in town who know him personally who insist he is for the working people of this state/country, but based on his voting record on illegal immigration, I don't believe it and have confronted both people who told me that.

Show me that he's for working AMERICANS...then I'll vote for him again. I voted for him last year and am pitifully sorry now. That'll never happen again. He was the only Democrat I voted for. Next time, I'll be smarter. He'll never get my vote again. I'll campaign for whoever runs against him.