Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Lieberman threatens to caucus with Republicans!

Just heard on CNN that Independent Senator Joseph Lieberman has threatened to switch his allegiance to Republican if the Democrats persist in attempts to cut funding for the war in Iraq. Should Lieberman carry out his threat, the Dems would lose control of the Senate with the resulting 50-50 split, because the deciding vote would fall to VP Dick Cheney.

Interesting...

It's the current feature story on WND:

http://www.wnd.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

pathetic...
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore
    pathetic...
    Pathetic? I think that it may be good news on the immigration front if the GOP demands some sort of quid pro quo when it comes time to maintain a filibuster on the Kennedy immigration bill.

Dick Cheny, well we don't gain a damn thing there!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Dick Cheny, well we don't gain a damn thing there!!
    Cheney has nothing to do with trying to shut down a filibuster. What I'm saying, and what people should realize, is that the Republicans could gain an effective majority while being able to gain some support from Lieberman on other issues.

Let's face it - our only hope for blocking the Kennedy plan is a Republican filibuster.

Re: Lieberman threatens to caucus with Republicans!

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Just heard on CNN that Independent Senator Joseph Lieberman has threatened to switch his allegiance to Republican if the Democrats persist in attempts to cut funding for the war in Iraq. Should Lieberman carry out his threat, the Dems would lose control of the Senate with the resulting 50-50 split, because the deciding vote would fall to VP Dick Cheney.

Interesting...
    Oh thank God!! thanks for explaining that Crocket! I feel better, I've been seeing red ever since I read about Kennedy and his S9 bill in committee with all of our enemies, and Kennedy going to have his little visit with Chertoff.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Re: Lieberman threatens to caucus with Republicans!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

Interesting...
    Oh thank God!! thanks for explaining that Crocket! I feel better, I've been seeing red ever since I read about Kennedy and his S9 bill in committee with all of our enemies, and Kennedy going to have his little visit with Chertoff.
    Also bear in mind that a 50-50 split would mean that the Dems no longer would control the committees. That would mean that the ability of someone like Kennedy to control who gets input into the creation of a bill would be broken.

MW
    CG wrote:

Pathetic? I think that it may be good news on the immigration front if the GOP demands some sort of quid pro quo when it comes time to maintain a filibuster on the Kennedy immigration bill.
    IMHO, we won't win the immigration battle in the Senate. I still think our only chance rest with the House. Of course if what I'm hearing in regards to the Democrats refusing input from several of the Republicans than signed on to S. 2611 last year, who knows. From what I'm hearing, it does sound like some of the supporters of last years senate approved amnesty are a little disgusted about being left out of the loop. Futhermore, a bill more generous than S. 2611 may have a more difficult time finding the support it needs in the next go-around. I guess, until the Kennedy/McCain bill hits the streets, everything is little more than conjecture. We'll see............

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    CG wrote:

IMHO, we won't win the immigration battle in the Senate. I still think our only chance rest with the House. Of course if what I'm hearing in regards to the Democrats refusing input from several of the Republicans than signed on to S. 2611 last year, who knows. From what I'm hearing, it does sound like some of the supporters of last years senate approved amnesty are a little disgusted about being left out of the loop. Futhermore, a bill more generous than S. 2611 may have a more difficult time finding the support it needs in the next go-around. I guess, until the Kennedy/McCain bill hits the streets, everything is little more than conjecture. We'll see............
    Exactly. From what I'm hearing, the Republicans feel that they are being railroaded. While I don't think we can win in the Senate on raw votes, I do think that we can uphold a filibuster and shut this thing down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast