Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Lindsey Graham faults Jeff Sessions for "zero-tolerance" policy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Lindsey Graham faults Jeff Sessions for "zero-tolerance" policy

Lindsey Graham faults Jeff Sessions for "zero-tolerance" policy

Kathryn Watson
    6 hrs ago

Sen. Lindsey Graham brought up the Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" policy that resulted in separated families when asked if there is any substantive basis for firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Graham made the comments in an interview with "CBS This Morning" co-host John Dickerson that airs Thursday.

Graham told some media outlets last week he believes the president may replace Sessions after the November midterm elections, following the president's repeated attacks on the nation's top law enforcement officer.

In his interview with Dickerson, Graham said the problems between the president and Sessions "go well beyond" Sessions' recusal from special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe, and the president "needs a Cabinet he's confident in." Dickerson then asked if there is cause unrelated to the Mueller probe for firing Sessions.

"I think you serve at the pleasure of the president," Graham said.

But when Dickerson noted the president could fire a Cabinet member for any reason and asked if there is a substantive basis for firing Sessions, Graham brought up immigration.
    © CBS News Senator Lindsey Graham"I think the immigration issue was poorly handled. The zero-tolerance program, I don't know where that came from," Graham said. "And I think that sort of blindsided the president. The bottom line is, this relationship is not working, it's not good for the Department of Justice."

Here is the exchange between Graham and Dickerson:

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: The problems between the White House and the president and Attorney General Sessions go well beyond the recusal. I hope they can repair these problems, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. The Department of Justice needs a voice-- that people in the White House will listen to, and the president needs a Cabinet he's confident in. None of that is inconsistent with Mueller doing his job, as far as I'm concerned.

JOHN DICKERSON: So you think the president has cause outside of the investigation to fire Jeff Sessions?

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: I think you serve at the pleasure of the president.

JOHN DICKERSON: But serving at the pleasure of the president means the president could fire you if he didn't like your haircut. I mean--

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: Truly.

JOHN DICKERSON: --Is there-- but do you think that-- is there a-
    -
    SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: I think the immigra--

JOHN DICKERSON: --substantive basis-- I get--

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: --Yeah, I think the immigration issue was poorly handled. Zero tolerance program, I don't know where that came from. And I think that sort of-- sort of blindsided the president.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...icy/ar-BBMCPAA

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Sen. Lindsey Graham is out of his illegal alien, amnesty supporting, mind! He obviously has an agenda that includes seeing the one person that has done more concerning immigration issues than any other one person in Washington gone. Over the last few days he has been in the media pushing for Sessions dismissal because he doesn't support what Sessions is doing on immigration and never has. They were opponents on the issue when Sessions served in the U.S. Congress and obviously still are. I guess that's to be expected from one of the original eight that tried to push through the "gang of eight" illegal alien amnesty bill that Jeff Sessions led the fight against .... and won I might add.

Sen. Lindsey Graham has never seen an illegal alien amnesty bill he didn't like. In the Senate, he and his buddy, the late John McCain, could always be counted on to support illegal alien amnesty! They, along with Sen. Jeff Flake, were also strong supporters of DACA.

Oh, and it is becoming more and more obvious that Trump is using Graham to help him turn other folks in the U.S. Congress against AG Jeff Sessions. Doing this will make it much easier for Trump to dump Sessions.
    Last edited by MW; 08-30-2018 at 05:43 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Graham is a SNAKE and Trump needs to dismiss anything that comes out of his mouth!

Graham needs to be voted OUT...so somebody with the Trump agenda...please get ready to run against him.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Graham is a SNAKE and Trump needs to dismiss anything that comes out of his mouth!

Graham needs to be voted OUT...so somebody with the Trump agenda...please get ready to run against him.
    Actually it's probably Trump that has initiated this buddy buddy relationship. Graham, being the kind of person he is, is just kissing that arse in the hopes of gaining future favors. I suppose it's even possible he has his own eye on the Attorney General position (that would explain a lot). Sen. Graham is a retired Colonel from the U.S. Air Force Reserves (Trump worships men in uniform) with a law degree.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: --Yeah, I think the immigration issue was poorly handled. Zero tolerance program, I don't know where that came from. And I think that sort of-- sort of blindsided the president.

If it blindsided the President, just more proof his entire campaign on immigration was one big lie.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

I think Trump knows what kind of person Graham is. He is not stupid...he plays people to his advantage.

Sessions will be out whether we like it or not. Definitely NOT Graham to replace him. I vote for Gowdy!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    I think Trump knows what kind of person Graham is. He is not stupid...he plays people to his advantage.

Sessions will be out whether we like it or not. Definitely NOT Graham to replace him. I vote for Gowdy!
    Gowdy is retiring because he is tired of the political game. Furthermore, after seeing how Trump treated Sessions, there's no doubt in my mind he wouldn't take the job. Trump wants a political hack who will act as his personal attorney. Trey Gowdy is no more that man than Jeff Sessions is.

Trump hates negative publicity. Session still has a chance of sticking around if he has and maintains enough support in the U.S. Congress and among Trump's staff and cabinet. I'll admit it's not looking good, but never underestimate the personality flaw of a narcissist who always seeks approval. Groups like ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, FAIR, etc., etc. could also have a noticeable impact on Trump's decision making process because he would be hesitant to piss his base supporters off and there are a lot of us that support Sessions. That also holds true with law enforcement agencies and organizations.