Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lindsey Graham Wants to Push Amnesty Again

There is a similar story in General Discussion, but this story from WaPo specifically states Graham wants to team up with Obama and McCain to push amnesty:
    -----
    voices.washingtonpost.com

John McCain
    McCain-Obama Meeting Set in Motion by Graham

By Michael D. Shear
    The upcoming meeting between President-elect Barack Obama and his onetime rival Sen. John McCain was set in motion during a phone call over the weekend between Obama and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), McCain's closest friend.

In an interview Friday, Graham said that Obama requested the meeting during a 20-minute phone call that the South Carolina senator described as a "pleasant" discussion about how they could work together effectively.

"We just talked about the desire to find something meaningful to work on," Graham said. "He was very nice to me, said that he considered me a serious, reform-minded senator that he could do business with."

Graham said that Obama raised the idea of "sitting down in a serious way with Senator McCain ... where they can find common ground." The details of the meeting were worked out between Graham and Obama's new chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel.

(Emanuel and Graham worked together during the campaign as the two debate negotiators.)

The campaign between McCain and Obama became nasty at the end, but Graham said the pair remain politically aligned on a number of key issues.

He said the energy package drafted by a bipartisan group of 10 senators, including himself, could easily serve as a model for cooperation with the Obama administration -- and something that McCain could help lead on.

Graham said that McCain and Obama are philosophically alike on budget reform, Social Security changes, earmark reform and immigration.

"If the administration wants to move forward with immigration again, I stand ready to do that," Graham said.

Aides to Obama said the meeting with McCain is likely to be a broad discussion about those issues where the two men agree.

One thing not expected to be on the agenda: a rehash of the sometimes not-so-nice things said on the campaign trail. Those close to both men say they have moved on and are focused on the future.

Posted at 1:11 PM ET on Nov 14, 2008

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-tr ... in_mo.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    suck it down carolina... you have been "Bambozzled again"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is wrong with these people???? Should we bombard their offices with calls, even if we live in another State and express anger, or do we just throw in the towel. I think we, as a group, need to do some real strong lobbying OR as the liberal, intolerants do...get judges on OUR side to overturn elections! They'be been doing that here in Calif for years. Thats how the libs took over the state. Just overturn the will of the people. Maybe we need to do the same!

"If the administration wants to move forward with immigration again, I stand ready to do that," Graham said.
    Did Lindsay Graham have a head injury or something? Doesnt he understand the terrible condition our country is in right now. To even consider immigration reform at this point would be the death of our country. What is wrong with people like McCain and Graham?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why in heaven's name did SC re-elect that (bleep)

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    What is wrong with these people???? Should we bombard their offices with calls, even if we live in another State and express anger, or do we just throw in the towel. I think we, as a group, need to do some real strong lobbying OR as the liberal, intolerants do...get judges on OUR side to overturn elections! They'be been doing that here in Calif for years. Thats how the libs took over the state. Just overturn the will of the people. Maybe we need to do the same!
    I think so.....obviously they cannot see the mess we are diving into from their Capitol offices.....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Should we bombard their offices with calls, even if we live in another State and express anger
    Right now, I would call or e-mail GOP Senate leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to tell him to oppose any form of legalization (i.e, amnesty), especially during this time of economic distress with about 10 million Americans out of work etc. And remind him that if Graham is allowed to push amnesty, this would further enrage the GOP base. (After this, call your own two senators).

Sen. McConnell's contact info is here. Please contact him:

http://mcconnell.senate.gov/contact.cfm

Why don't you just switch parties Graham? Your unyielding support of amnesty helped the Dems to win big this year, you are one of them.

Yes you are correct in contacting Senator McConnell. I just e-mailed him.

I see it all clearly now: McCain, a retired military man representing a "Border State" will now, together with the treasonous governors of the Southwest, declare that this year's DHS enforcement has rendered our borders "secure". Having given "the American masses" one year of enforcement, our politicans now will expect to be allowed to pass amnesty and/or another huge foreign guestworker program through Congress! Lindsay Graham will be Sen. McCain's "wing man" getting the chosen legislation through a Senate dominated by Democrats together with a large sprinkling of liberal Republicans like himself.

Perhaps Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) also would be a good guide on what to best do to resist this. He currently is working with Sen. Jeff Sessions, our hero, to form a "proactive" Conservative leadership group.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast