Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Local congressmen not asked to support "Dog"

Back to Star-Bulletin Homepage

Posted on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:27 AM HST
    Local congressmen not asked to support "Dog"
    Star-Bulletin staff and news services

Hawaii’s two Democratic congressmen were not among the 29 U.S. Representatives who sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition of Duane “Dog” Chapman to Mexico, where he faces charges of illegal detention and conspiracy.

Reps. Ed Case and Neil Abercrombie, both Democrats, said they were not asked to join in the appeal that Dave Helfert, spokesman for Abercrombie described as “partisan effort” and signed by only Republicans.

“Nobody asked us,” Helfert said.

Chapman, who is the star of the popular TV show “Dog The Bounty Hunter,” was arrested at his Portlock residence Sept. 14 along with two of his co-stars after his capture of fugitive convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Chapman was released on $300,000 bail the next day. He must attend extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico, where bounty hunting is considered a crime.

“It seems that Mexican authorities are pressing this case only because they are so stung by the embarrassment of failing where Mr. Chapman succeeded,” Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, said in the Sept. 26 letter signed by 28 other congressmen.

Chapman’s capture of Luster, who had fled the country during his trial on charges he raped three women, catapulted the 53-year-old bounty hunter to fame and led to the Hawaii-based reality series on A&E. Luster is now serving a 124-year prison term.

Chapman was not immediately available for comment on the letter.

———

Star-Bulletin reporter Gregg K. Kakesako and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4979
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I notice that neither Reps. Ed Case or Neil Abercrombie said that they would have signed it had they been asked.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

MW
    Hawaii’s two Democratic congressmen were not among the 29 U.S. Representatives who sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition of Duane “Dog” Chapman to Mexico, where he faces charges of illegal detention and conspiracy.

Reps. Ed Case and Neil Abercrombie, both Democrats, said they were not asked to join in the appeal that Dave Helfert, spokesman for Abercrombie described as “partisan effort” and signed by only Republicans.

If you really wanted to support Mr. Chapman, I guess you could have sent Secretary of State Rice your own letter. That is unless of course your secretary has mysteriously come down with a serious case of broken typing fingers.

Honestly, I think all you're really interested in doing is casting a shadow over the support generated by Rep. Tancredo (R-CO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I look forward to seeing a copy of the letter they send in soon.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nobody asked you? What you need an invitation? You guys are congressman for god sakes. You can't think for yourselves? If it was your own worthless a$$es that were getting extradited, you'd be all pissed off as hell that nobody fought on your behalf. How about getting off your lazy, do nothing a$$es and take some initiative and do your jobs and protect this guy and his family since they are one of your many constituents you worthless pieces of crap? Stop thinking for yourselves with this CYA attitude and start serving those who put you in office.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of this garbage. These people are a disgrace as human beings.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I look forward to seeing a copy of the letter they send in soon.

W
    Click here for the interview with Glenn Beck

Click here for the letter to the Department of Justice.

ttp://tancredo.house.gov/Media/File/Rice%20Chapman%20Letter(2).pdf
    Click here for the letter to the Department of State.