Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I believe the name of the person (legitimate one that is) with the social security number comes up. So if the name of the employee doesn't match that's a problem.

If the DOB, sex, name and number came up, it would do the job. I can see that the name would catch some - but if they are smart enough to get a number, and they know the name is being checked, it would seem they would be smart enough to use the same name.

If it shows the name, that may cut down on the illegal use of the number of those with surnames that are not hispanic.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's a reason we are now seeing so many hispanics with hyphenated surnames. That is something new -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by magyart

The Social Security Administration offers a free employee verification service for employers wishing to verify the legal status of potential employees. The service verifies the social security numbers (SSN) for up to 5 employees. Call toll-free 1-800-772-6270, weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST. You will be asked for your company name and EIN. You must also provide the following information for each name/SSN you want to verify:

SSN
    last name
    first name
    middle initial (if applicable)
    date of birth
    The gender part must be a real nightmare for people who undergo sex change operations.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: very simple

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    I saw this demonstrated in Washington, DC at a House Subcommittee hearing with Zoe Lufgren. An Employer just has to subscribe for free, and then one enters the social security number into the computer software and w/i 10 seconds or so....the verification notification is done. There's currently a 95% percent accuracy rate...so the whiners who say there's too many errors are just blowing smoke. It's very easy and inexpensive to use. No special training is required. All employers should use it. No excuses.
    What if the SS is valid, but stolen? How does check that?

(i.e. a 40 yr old mexican has the SS of a 5 year old girl)

Also 95% is not good. 99.99% is required for a system like that which gets used so much. But its a start.

Re: very simple

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    I saw this demonstrated in Washington, DC at a House Subcommittee hearing with Zoe Lufgren. An Employer just has to subscribe for free, and then one enters the social security number into the computer software and w/i 10 seconds or so....the verification notification is done. There's currently a 95% percent accuracy rate...so the whiners who say there's too many errors are just blowing smoke. It's very easy and inexpensive to use. No special training is required. All employers should use it. No excuses.
    What if the SS is valid, but stolen? How does check that?

(i.e. a 40 yr old mexican has the SS of a 5 year old girl)

Also 95% is not good. 99.99% is required for a system like that which gets used so much. But its a start.
    If your 55 yrs old and you have a SSN of someone 5 yrs old, the birthdate would trip up the illegal alien using a stolen number.

A 95% acuracy rate is due to illegal aliens stealing numbers and women failing to notify the SSA of a new legal name when they get married and minor typographical errors. Humans input the data. Humans make mistakes.

How many people fill out employment paper work and sign their name DIFFERENTLY than it appears on their social security card ? Each one of these names would result in an error. All of my daughters have their middle initial on their social security card, yet they seldom use it.

How many illegal aliens, using a stolen or false number, have their data submitted ? Each one of these results in an error.

Think of it this way - an employer with lots of illegals, submits their data to the SSA. Each mismatch is an error.

As you can see from the information below, the govt. already has the information required of the E-Verify System. You may consider it "Big Brother" but the govt. has required this for a while. It's not a communist plot to manage workers and/or wages.

I'm sorry, I don't know what Big Brother has to do with what I asked.

I realize the government has the information - we know that. It's whether they are sharing this information and how much they are sharing.

Just saying a SS# is valid does little good. Even saying it is valid and giving the name is a little better, but doesn't fix everything.

If it in fact allows the employer to match the SS#, the name, the DOB, the sex - would eliminate a lot of the problem.

So if someone tells me e-verify or the government will impart that information to employers - then why are illegals still working?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    As you can see from the information below, the govt. already has the information required of the E-Verify System. You may consider it "Big Brother" but the govt. has required this for a while. It's not a communist plot to manage workers and/or wages.

I'm sorry, I don't know what Big Brother has to do with what I asked.

I realize the government has the information - we know that. It's whether they are sharing this information and how much they are sharing.

Just saying a SS# is valid does little good. Even saying it is valid and giving the name is a little better, but doesn't fix everything.

If it in fact allows the employer to match the SS#, the name, the DOB, the sex - would eliminate a lot of the problem.

So if someone tells me e-verify or the government will impart that information to employers - then why are illegals still working?
    Some people are opposed to the SAVE Act because it would force all employers to use the E-verify system. This act also calls for an electronic data base for birth and death records. Opponets don't want various govt. agencies having this information or sharing it. They're afraid the govt. will control our lives with all of this data.

I also believe with the Real ID Act. the information will be shared with E-verify. Consequently, the E-verify database will have our photogragh. E-verify presently has this capability and a few photos are downloded from visa applications ( I don't quite remember ) Presently, no BMV information is downloaded.

The govt. already has the information so I don't accept this as a good reason to oppose the SAVE Act.

With the exception of AZ & OK, illegals are still working because very few employers verify social security numbers. Even the federal govt. has failed in this effort. It's estimated only 1% of employers use E-verify.

I suspect the state laws in AZ & OK will slightly increse this percentage, but it needs to be a great deal higher. If just Wal-Mart started using it, the percentage would dramatically increase. Wal-mart is the largest employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12