Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Local governments grappling with illegal immigration issues

Comments are being left after this article at the source link.
    ~~~

Local governments grappling with illegal immigration issues

By Adam Behsudi
    ABEHSUDI@CITIZEN-TIMES.COM
    July 29, 2007 12:15 am
    HENDERSONVILLE — Setting zoning amendments, annexations and budgets aside for the moment, some local governments in Western North Carolina are taking on the thorny issue of illegal immigration.

That includes Henderson County, which in April called on a committee of 11 people to judge the costs, challenges and benefits from what county officials say is a growing population of illegal immigrants..

The panel includes clergy members along with representatives from agriculture, law enforcement and the Hispanic community.

“This is the most emotion-laden topic next to terrorism that is on the American agenda,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I often wondered Do many sates like the place in Campbell County Kentucky Hold federal and state prisoners in the same Jail, then the laws should (as In Kentucky) but it’s a commonwealth (please check me out on this one) But fed and state persons are held together, then the people working those jails are already trained on a federal Level which to me means Immigration stuff is covered.

A law is a law, and enforcement of those laws are up to law enforcement people, be it state or Federal.
    I just don’t see a cop not being able to give a ticket out cause some one knock over a mail box ...
    If the meter maid see some one committing a crime she can enforce it its no different .

A lot of jails are set up to hold criminals on all Levels till those criminals are shipped off to prisons .
    I think the most important issue... if the Federal Law enforcement officers cant handle it all ,then the city and state guys should be abele to pick up the slack . ( It works in the opposite doesn’t it )

[quote]The committee in a draft report earlier this month noted a need to “build bridges of understandingâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The majority of illegal immigrants form a hard-working labor force that has not created job losses.
    ...this is bs and I don't believe it. Don't see how anyone else could when you don't even have a relaiable estimate as to how many illeglals are in your county. And you later state in this same report that 85% of low-skilled construction workers are illegal. Idiots!

A lack of driving skills presents public safety problems.
    ...TRANSLATION: A lot if illegal aliens drive drunk

[quote]“I think it would be a more fair thing to study if we didn’t just look at the costs of immigration but also the benefits of immigration,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee, this article is biased I wish these bleeding heart liberals had to live one day in a neighborhood that has been desamated by illegals