Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Local Immigrants Rally In Annapolis For New Tuition Bill

http://www.nbc25.com/content/fulltext/?cid=10769

Immigrants Rally In Annapolis For New Tuition Bill
    Reported by: Angela Bohon
    02/26/2007 07:47pm

FREDERICK COUNTY, MD - Immigrants from across Maryland are rallied in Annapolis Monday, hoping to get expanded rights.

About 1,500 locals are participating in the "Immigrant Action Night.” A bus-full of supporters from Frederick County packed up and headed to Annapolis Monday to voice their concerns.

Some Maryland immigrants want in-state tuition for students regardless of their immigration status. The only requirement for the proposed House bill is that the student graduate from a Maryland high school.

"We are paying like three times more, so this is not fair. We are saying education should be equal,” says Wond Workalemahu with CASA of Maryland.

The bills are likely adding to an already emotional controversy about the growing number of immigrants.

"I think if they want to be in this country, they need to become a citizen. I think they need to learn the language, and they need to be an American citizen,” says Emily Shaw.

"I think it's right. If they take the steps to go and get themselves in that position, they should be allowed to do it. I don't think they're making it so anyone else can't do it,” says Owen Lynch.

Immigrants also want more funding for adult education, including English classes. And they're opposing legislation that would require proof of legal status in the U.S. in order to get a driver's license.

"The license is important to us, because we need it for work. We need it to support our family,” says Jose Castillo.

Casa of Maryland, a non-profit organization that supports Latinos in the area, is sponsoring the rally.

~~~~~~~~~

So they want in state tuition, funding for adult education which includes English classes and don't believe proof of legal status should be needed to obtain a driver's license. How bold can people be??? Unbelievable! Or maybe it's because this is Teddy's state.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They broke our laws by coming to our country illegally, they think they should receive what our own children are not entitled to by not being a citizen of that state? I will say one thing for these people they have the biggest balls I have ever seen with their demanding of rights from the tax paying citizens of these United States. I say round them up and ship them out!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

They don't give a damn about our kids. They're here to transfer money intended for our kids, to their kids. And they're successful to the tune of $25 billion in cash annually. Nobody knows how many billions worth of intangibles, earned for our kids, pass to their kids but it's at least staggering.
    '58 Airedale

MW
    "We are paying like three times more, so this is not fair. We are saying education should be equal,” says Wond Workalemahu with CASA of Maryland.
    Hmmm.......I seriously doubt everything was "equal" where you came from.

These continous protests and demands are really starting to tick me off!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GAWD THEY MUST THINK WE HAVE BOTTOMLESS POCKETS, DO THEY EVEN REALIZE WHERE THIS MONEY COMES FROM? MAYBE THEY THINK THE MONEY JUST DROPS OUT OF THE SKY.
    WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK WE OWE THIS TO ILLEGALS????
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Go to school in Mexico.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Immigration Rally In Indianopolis for New Tuition Bill

Our "great" governor, Bill Richardson, passed a law allowing in-state tuition fees for "illegal immigrants." Last year, my daughter attempted to enroll in the New Mexico Community College to complete credits for her accounting degree. He son was born in New Mexico and she and her family have lived in New Mexico for two years. However, they had registered their vehicle in Montana as the bank financing the vehicle was in Montana. She was refused in-state tuition because of the financing of her vehicle. She produced the birth certificate of her son, showing he was born in NM as well as utility bills and her voter certification. They refused her, claiming it was illegal to register a car in another state. When she brought up the fact that illegal aliens could claim in-state tuition, the person at the counter just walked away! She did nothing wrong - the bank asked that it be registered so they had better control of the financing. YET, she was not allowed in-state tuition, but those persons who actually broke the law were allowed - more privileges for the illegals and less concern for a US citizen.

If they care so much about education, why aren't they in class instead of riding around on buses?

Grandmom, it's a disgrace your daughter was treated the way an illegal alien should be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)