Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Local Inmates React to ICE Deportation Program

Local Inmates React to ICE Deportation Program
    Carolyn Carver
    November 22, 2008 - 6:23PM

A government program sends foreign nationals who commit crimes back to their home countries.

More than 10,000 criminal illegal immigrants have been deported this year from the Pacific Northwest, according to officials.

That's up 33 percent compared to last year.

Officials say nationally more than 345,000 criminal illegal immigrant have been deported in fiscal year 2008. They say the national numbers are also showing big increases.

Officials say the Criminal Alien Program, or CAP, is one of the main reasons for the jump in deportations.

But for a lot of Jackson County immigrants they've lived here most of their lives and now say they will have little if anything when they get back to their home countries.

Jose Villa lives in Southern Oregon, and has most of his life.

"My parents brought me here when I was 7 or 8," he says. "I've been living here ever since."

Rafel Avina says he's just here because we wants to stay close to his five kids.

"That's why I stay here," he says. "If i was like anybody else, I could run and be free, but I got kids."

But now Villa and Avina are leaving the Jackson County Jail with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents because of the Criminal Alien Program.

Officials say the program helps send illegal immigrants who have committed crimes back to their home countries by bridging the gap between local, state and federal agencies.

But for some, those countries may not feel much like home.

"I've been living here my whole life," Villa say. "I don't have anything to go back to Mexico to."

He says he was born in Mexico but since then his whole family has moved to Medford.

He says if he gets deported, he'll have nothing in Mexico.

But Sheriff Mike Winters says this program is a good thing for Jackson County.

"We work very closely with ICE because our intent is to not allow criminal illegal aliens out on the streets that can commit crimes against legal citizens in the United States of America, " Winters say.

Neil Clark works for ICE. He's in charge of removal and deportations in the Pacific Northwest.

He says both Villa and Avina have been arrested and convicted for meth related charges. So, he says, they should be taken off American streets.

"We're not looking for them at their homes," Clark says. "These are people who have come through the criminal justice system through a county or state and they committed crimes."

But both Mexican nationals say they just want one more chance.

"I know im not perfect guy," Villa says. "I've done a lot of bad stuff but I do regret it."

Neil says, "Congress is putting a lot of money, funding and staffing to this issue to make sure Americans and people living here legally are safe."

So it's a chance Villa and Avina aren't likely to get.

Now it's up to an immigration judge to decide.

Both of these two immigrants, Villa and Avina, have earned legal status in America either through family or marriage, but because of the severity of their crimes, now both men have lost their citizenship.

Sheriff Mike Winters says the program has been in Jackson Country for about three years, and he says illegal immigration should remain one of the countries top priorities.

www.ktvl.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I know im not perfect guy," Villa says. "I've done a lot of bad stuff but I do regret it."
    Really? No kidding? And you have also cost us even more by clogging up the jail.

Sheriff Mike Winters says the program has been in Jackson Country for about three years, and he says illegal immigration should remain one of the countries top priorities
    Thank you, sir, for doing your job well....and I hope your voice will be heard, before this country goes down an irreversible path.....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"My parents brought me here when I was 7 or 8," he says. "I've been living here ever since."

Rafel Avina says he's just here because we wants to stay close to his five kids.
    Who made you have children in America and who made you commit crimes and end up in jail?
    Both of these two immigrants, Villa and Avina, have earned legal status in America either through family or marriage, but because of the severity of their crimes, now both men have lost their citizenship.
    Rightfully so. This is what is wrong with the family sponsorship. Families will lie on the behalf of and sponsor criminal family members.

Same story over and over again. The theme: I'm an illegal alien but it's not my fault.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

we need to deport these people as soon as we can. This is what happens when we turn a blind eye to them. They are here for years draining our econimy. Then they feel they can get away with anything and wont be punished. When we finally catch up with them, they cant believe we are enforcing our laws and breaking up their familys. If we make knoingly harboring an illegal a deportable offence we wouldn't have this problem.

the program helps send illegal immigrants who have committed crimes back to their home countries by bridging the gap between local, state and federal agencies.

I wish they would up the staffing in this program!
    Sounds WONDERFUL.
    I'm glad to know something we are doing is working.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    the program helps send illegal immigrants who have committed crimes back to their home countries by bridging the gap between local, state and federal agencies.

I wish they would up the staffing in this program!
    Sounds WONDERFUL.
    I'm glad to know something we are doing is working.
    Every month I.C.E. is training more local law enforcement officers for this program. I.C.E. is also expanding the program that connects local jails to the I.C.E. data base to give local law enforcement access to the immigration status of all foreigner nationals.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn