Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester- Letters to the Editor

Posted on Thu, Oct. 25, 2007

Thursday’s Letters to the Editor
    • Funderburk persecuted for exercising right
    Richland County’s judicial system has pulled out all the stops to make sure Terry Funderburk gets the book thrown at him for exercising his right to protest.
    What was his offense? Standing in front of someone’s home with a sign? Forget the fact that he was protesting a contractor who he said hired illegal aliens for a roofing job, taking jobs away from local citizens.
    For goodness sake, do not try to determine if any of the workers were illegal aliens in the first place or if the contractor broke the law by hiring them.
    What a twisted sense of justice this sort of action gives to those of us who try to obey the law. This must mean that all the local crime we have read and heard so much about in Richland County has been eliminated and the full attention of the law can be directed at protesters.
    Just think, gang violence, shootings, robberies, drugs, domestic violence, rapes and other violent crimes are a thing of the past in Richland County, and it is safe to walk the streets again.
    SCOTT JAMES
    Columbia

Banned
    I thought I read the Home owner hired them in the first storey ???

[quote="GREGAGREATAMERICAN"]I thought I read the Home owner hired them in the first storey ???[/quote

It was the homeowner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loneprotester
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I thought I read the Home owner hired them in the first storey ???[/quote

It was the homeowner.
    OK

Terry around here most people think the "cheap Beeep' that you called the home owner isnt a bad word at all.