Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Long Island Radio Station upsets Illegals

Save | E-mail | Print
    May 12, 2006 5:05 pm US/Eastern

Local Radio Station Upsets Latino Community

Reid Lamberty
    Reporting

(CBS) BABYLON Served over the airways at WBAB Radio in Babylon, critics of a parody that include the words "no green cards, just right" call the song an un-appetizing array of insults and slurs.

And for many Long Islanders, particularly Latinos, it's tough to digest.

"I felt insulted," said Reverend Allan Ramirez of the Brookville Reformed Church. "I felt that I was being treated as less than human."

The parody, played on the popular Long Island radio talk show, Roger and JP on WBAB, is a fake minute-long commercial.

But it has drawn sharp criticism from the Latino community and has forced the station to withdraw the song, and offer an apology. "We apologize to anyone we offended," said Roger Luce, of the morning talk show. "As soon as we heard about negative feelings toward the parody we pulled it off the air immediately."

The d-j's insist they never intended to offend anyone. In fact, one of the hosts, John Parise, himself of Hispanic descent, says it's one of many parodies the duo plays on its morning radio show, titles which include "Brokeback Steakhouse" and "My Immigration", a parody of the popular Who song, "My Generation."

"As part of their mea culpa, WBAB radio hosts Roger and JP will issue a formal apology on Monday morning's show. Additionally, a large portion of proceeds raised through station charity events will go towards the Latino community. A community already on edge over illegal immigration and the presence of undocumented workers, hoping these words don't ignite tensions.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserve
    This is Pathetic
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Oh boohoo, man up and deal with it, its comedy. Like a bunch of little wimps that complain about everything...

BOO WHO..... America is about free speech is'nt it? They want to come here, well we have culture, traditions, and freedom that many have died to give us. NOT THEM. They can just go south of the Rio and listen to that gawd awefull el rancho crap. They want to mold our country so it makes them feel more humane, but they cant stand up for themselve in their own land. The way I see it ist our turff not theirs. That s___ just pisses me off.

I feel so sorry. It's a shame that they can't deal with it. We have to by listen to their loud music.

Big deal! Get over it! Biggest bunch of crybabies ever to set foot in this country!

Waah, waaah, waaaah!

EVERYTHING upsets them!

The problem is that not only did these guys back down, they're giving money to the ILLEGALS to boot!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have about come to the conclusion, that the only people who really have free speech in America are the minority groups, and the people who belong to the minority groups. they can say anything they please and get away with it because they are the minority!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I have about come to the conclusion, that the only people who really have free speech in America are the minority groups, and the people who belong to the minority groups. they can say anything they please and get away with it because they are the minority!
    Sure seems like that NITTY!

Those guys should not have allowed their arms to be twisted. It would have garnered them tons of recognition and publicity had they stuck up for the 1st amendment!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's form our own minority groups - I am French Acadian (or Cajun).
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    Let's form our own minority groups - I am French Acadian (or Cajun).
    Oh BOOTS! I brought back a crazy Cajun pup from the Afalachaya Swamp a few months ago. Her name's Cajun Girl and she's part Louisiana Leapard. So cute but sooooooooo mischevious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast