Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Look for compromise on immigration reform

http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/10/edit ... ial02.html

Look for compromise on immigration reform
    THE ISSUE
    President Bush said he could support immigration reform with increased border protection to precede a guest worker program.

CONCESSIONS by President Bush hold out promise that comprehensive immigration reform can be salvaged from two radically different bills before Congress. A proposal that increased enforcement at the Mexican border be followed by a guest worker program or path to citizenship would be a reasonable compromise.
    Bush embraced a bill approved by the Senate last month that includes both increased border enforcement and a path to citizenship for the estimated 11 million illegal aliens in the United States. A House- approved bill provides for only border enforcement and would turn all illegal aliens into felons.

The stark difference between the two measures appeared to doom immigration reform in this session of Congress. Senate and House committees held rival hearings away from Washington last week, signaling a major campaign issue for the upcoming election.

Bush sought to create common ground. He reportedly told Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., that he was intrigued by Pence's proposal that would allow the guest worker program to begin only after borders are made secure, estimated to take two years.

Pence's proposal then would require illegal immigrants to leave the country briefly, be allowed to return with proper documentation to take part in a guest worker system and, after six years, be allowed to apply for citizenship. The Senate bill would require the returnees to pay fines and learn to speak English.

The president previously had said he favored border security, guest worker and citizenship programs to occur simultaneously. Support of the enforcement-first approach would put Bush more in tune with the House, and Senate Judiciary Chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said the Senate could "move toward a middle ground" such as that proposed by Pence.

Following the hearings, Bush said he supports a "rational plan" that would not lead to mass deportations.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This mess with sending these invaders back home and immediately returning to the states is just ridiculous.

It's like saying if you steal from someone..you can make it right, as long as you take the stolen item back to the store...all will be forgiven and you immediately start back with a clean record... as if you never stole the item in the first place

Pence's plan is Amnesty, plain and simple

I agree.

The MAJORITY of Americans want the borders secured and the laws on the books ENFORCED.

Go after the employers with a vengence and the jobs will dry up!

What ICE is doing now is just PR stunts!

Eisenhower cleaned up the mess last time do it again!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Why do they think we have to feel obligated to have any kind of guest worker program eventually leading to citizenship. All these people need to given like a 6 month time period...being informed that ALL SERVICES and benefits of ANY kind...will be cut off!
    So, make arrangements to go home! Period!
    Employers will be fined or imprisoned after this 6 month period if they continue to hire illegal immigrants. America needs to JUST SAY NO!! I don't care what organizations are promoting this. Another thing I don't understand is why is our government giving La Raza grants and such. That ...to me ..would be like funding the KKK or the Black Panthers. Instead of pandering to these groups...they need to be thrown in jail!!!!!
    I'm tired of all this b--s---!
    I don't understand how illegals should have ever been getting any of these things!
    Why they are in our schools!
    I don't understand why we..America....the congress...whoever are not impeaching this so called president and throwing him and his bums out of office.
    He, the president is allowing all these criminals to invade our country (let alone just allowing another foreign country to simply just take over the United States)...allowing racist groups to operate, funding them and attending them!
    I may not be very smart, but I do know this...ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY!!! We, The American People need to get organized and do something about this...we need to make a major impact...
    Then we need to clean house ...from our elected officals...to these racist organizations even if it isn't policitaly correct in someones eyes. Thats why we are in the place we are now. I'm tired of them crying racist everytime they dont get what they want...just to get it.
    I am so frustrated that this government...this president demands his way or no way...
    NO AMNESTY OF "ANY" KIND
    NO GUEST WORKER PLAN OF "ANY" KIND
    GO HOME!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)