Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Looking to solve the immigration mess.

cache:http://www.tristate-media.com/articl...shirleycol.txt Thursday, September 28, 2006

Looking for a leader to solve immigration mess
    Posted: Thursday, Sep 28, 2006 - 01:49:25 am EDT

I am shopping for a 2008 Presidential candidate.

Yes, I realize it's early and we aren't even through mid-term elections yet, but I am so distressed with the illegal immigration crisis in our country that I hope to find a leader who will truly do something about it.

I don't care if he - or she - is a Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, Republican or whatever. I am looking for someone to take control of this situation and clean it up.

Before I explore this further, I want to address the issue of racism. I should not have to address it, but "racism" is the first thing that those supporting illegal immigration and U.S. citizenship for illegal immigrants say about those who oppose it. Supporters simply cannot argue that illegal is indeed "illegal," so, even though it is not an issue of racism, they resort to explosive tactics.

I don't give a flying fig about the color of your skin or where you come from. What interests me about you is the person you are - your attitude toward others, your values, your respect for our laws, your contributions to our society, etc. God teaches us to pay attention to the person inside the body our eyes see, and it is a lesson I take to heart. The objection to so many illegals in the United States is not about prejudice or country of origin. The objection would be identical if the massive illegal invasion was coming from Canada, Germany, wherever.

Neither is the objection to illegals a matter of selfishness or unwillingness to help others. We want to lead others to a better way of life, but we must do this in a lawful and orderly manner or the massive influx will cause economic collapse - and then we will be in no shape to help anyone.

Though the U.S. has illegals coming here from many countries, its main problem lies with Mexicans crossing our shared border. No one knows for sure, but it is believed there are somewhere between 11- 17 million Mexicans living illegally within the United States.

That means they purposely broke our laws, knowingly put themselves in front of others in line applying for legal immigration and consciously took up unlawful residence in our country.

Which part of all that illegal activity does anyone not understand?

To compound that, extreme leftist liberals within this country have preyed upon our courts to "interpret" the U.S. Constitution, against possible intent, as giving citizenship to children born to illegals crossing the border to America before giving birth just to claim this country's social services and hard-fought-for freedoms. The extremists have demanded and gotten welfare for illegals, free health care for illegals, driver's licenses for illegals and education in our schools (including free college tuition for some) for illegals - all paid for by legal, tax-paying, U.S. citizens. The extremist liberals do not seem to care about the burden on middle class legal citizens or that they are denied some services while being taxed to the max to provide those very benefits for illegals!

The day is surely coming when those same extremists will argue against convicting anyone of rape, murder, drug trafficking or other felonies based upon the argument that this country is not enforcing some laws so why should the U.S. be allowed to enforce any at all???

Let's address typical questions of those supporting illegal immigration and U.S. citizenship for illegals:

"But we're all immigrants." - Yes we are, but there have been immigration laws from more than a century, and we're mostly the descendants of immigrants who came here legally and did not overrun U.S. borders en mass.

"The Mexicans are poor people wanting to better themselves." - I support anyone bettering himself. Immigrate here legally, and we will all help you better yourself.

"Our longtime Mexican ‘guests' deserve citizenship here." - Does a bank robber deserve the money he broke the law five years ago to get? I don't think so.

"Poor pregnant Mexican women want a better future for their babies." I want that too, but is it fair to deny social services to legal U.S. citizens because there is not enough to go around? Should not Mexicans work to improve their own country or immigrate here legally for our benefits?

"The Mexican president even promotes illegals in America." - What a sad state of affairs we have when the Mexican president threatens America if it strengthens its own borders against illegals from the south.

"They think they're just reclaiming what was once part of Mexico." It is said that illegals in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California openly refer to those states as part of Mexico. This is a trend that needs to stop NOW.

"Illegals have the right to march in defiance in the streets of America." - Does anyone out there see the irony of illegals, who purposely broke our laws to enter this country, now demanding that they have the rights of legal U.S. citizens??? Is the demand by illegals congregated in our streets - that they ‘deserve' citizenship - not offensive to law-abiding American citizens? Does this not tarnish the sacrifices of all our veterans who fought and died for the rights of legal U.S. citizens?

"They provide cheap labor." - Some do, yes, but overwhelming problems created by illegal immigrants for social services, education, health care and law enforcement outweigh that by far. More to the point, some American employers are personally profiting from that cheap labor while all American taxpayers are supporting the burden of all those illegals.

Studies and polls show that the majority of Americans are tired of illegals breaking their laws, tired of having their taxes increased to provide social services for illegals and tired of having a mockery made of their Constitution by illegals demanding and receiving the freedoms of legal U.S. citizens. We welcome LEGAL immigrants to this country as fellow citizens, including our brothers to the south.

A Sept. 13 column by Howie Carr in the Boston Herald exposes the double standard benefiting illegals by the Massachusetts Office of Medicaid. An internal memo says information must be taken from all applicants. Those who are U.S. citizens must have their identity and citizenship verified, but this is not necessary with illegals. ‘ In other words, those breaking the law will be taken at their word, while you or your grandmother will not,' says Carr. Tongue in cheek, he encourages people to tell officials they are illegal aliens to get the most benefits!

The Democrats are said to feel they have a viable voting constituent in all the illegals in America. The Republicans are said to feel that have a huge resource in cheap labor in the illegals. I say, if that is the case, they are both being irresponsible on this issue and are courting disaster and eventual collapse if they do not stop the insanity.

I'm shopping for a Presidential candidate - along with state and U.S. elected officials - who will do something about this out-of-control mess.

Back to index Email this story Printer friendly version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home | Local News | Sports | Editorials | Funeral Notices | Gibson County
    Classifieds | Business Directory | About Us | Archives | Guestbook | Health
    Entertainment | Town Hall | National/World News | Stocks | Coupons | Links
    Contact Us | Marketing | Display Ads | Subscribe | Place an Ad | Submit a Letter
    Privacy Policy | Select Language

Copyright © 2006 Princeton Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

PO Box 30, Princeton IN 47670 (812) 385-2525; FAX (812) 386-6199
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry the link did'nt go through; here it is:

http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/ ... leycol.txt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Response to project

I volunteer for the position!

I will take a yearly salary of $75,000, and I must have a 401k benefit, not that life long retirement plan all the other guys get! Also I want to drive my OWN CAR, and fly on public airlines. You can also fire the kitchen staff at all of the “residences”, I like to cook my own meals! And all this hubub about the fancy Christmas parties, that just ended, I like to decorate my own house, so can them also!

As for meetings, all meetings will be no longer than 1 hour, and we will rotate on who brings in coffee & doughnuts, there will be NO food ordered for take out in any meeting, if you get hungry, tough it out!

Also I will mandate to all federal, state & local officials that they strictly enforce ALL laws on the books pertaining to immigration! If they fail to do this, they will be fired, and loose ALL pension/retirement benifits, and be tossed into Jail!

Better yet, just make me king for a week!
    http://www.hspig.org/v-web/bulletin/...?p=38033#38033
    If you like these terms vote for Ken!
    Ken Dreger

Banned
    Sorry Ken, we already HAVE a king... He wears no clothes, but he's the king. If you don't believe me, just ask him!

<<<Here's a picture... Regal, don't you think?