Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lott: 'I've already offended everybody'

Lott: 'I've already offended everybody'
    Fence? Goats? What is Lott talking about?

WASHINGTON --
    What does a fence on the United State-Mexico border have to do with goats?

Sen. Minority Whip Trent Lott, R-Miss., was talking to reporters Wednesday about the immigration bill, when he said, "If the answer is 'build a fence' I've got two goats on my place in Mississippi. There ain't no fence big enough, high enough, strong enough, that you can keep those goats in that fence."

"Now people are at least as smart as goats," Lott continued. "Maybe not as agile. Build a fence. We should have a virtual fence. Now one of the ways I keep those goats in the fence is I electrified them. Once they got popped a couple of times they quit trying to jump it."

"I'm not proposing an electrified goat fence," Lott added quickly, "I'm just trying, there's an analogy there."

Asked for clarification as to what exactly the analogy was, Lott spokesman Lee Youngblood said that the senator supported a variety of measures in the immigration bill, including unmanned aerial surveillance vehicles, radar and more border patrol agents, as well as a fence to reduce the flow of illegal immigration.

"A fence in and of itself is not enough," said Youngblood. "You can have technology to support the fence and to supplement the fence."

The revived immigration bill that the Senate is set to consider after collapsing last week includes an additional $4.4 billion for border security with funding for 370 miles of fencing.

Lott has become a lightning rod for criticism for his support for the bill, most recently by talk radio.

Acknowledging the flak he's taken, Lott said Wednesday, "I keep trying to tell everybody 'calm down, calm down, let me be the one that offends the left, the middle and the right.' I'm doing great, aren't I? But it gives you a level of utopia that is just so blissful."

"I don't worry about offending anybody anymore, " said Lott, "because I've already offended everybody."

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/81785.html
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

It's hard to believe that this nitwit was once the Senate majority leader, and even now is second in command.

Hey, Chester, why not go back to your former career of being a cheerleader? And take that other cheerleader idiot in the White House with you.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Mr. Lott,

You only need to look at one of Mississippi's state prissons to know that they could keep your goats in.

That fence in front of the White house works.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

so what is wrong with an electrical fence on our border.
    i know its not so humane but sooner or later people would get the point.
    dont ya think

Hell with an electrified fence...when these derelicts start torching our border patrol towers, it's time to start building the same thing that's over in the Korean DMZ.

DO WE HAVE ANY TYPE OF SOVERIEGNTY ANYMORE? ARGHH!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    so what is wrong with an electrical fence on our border.
    i know its not so humane but sooner or later people would get the point.
    dont ya think
    Yeah...doesn't pay to be too humane...look where it got us! I sorta like the trenches filled with alligators...it's a lot cheaper, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    That fence in front of the White house works.
    Great point, Dixie! Michael "The Skull" Chertoff, our illustrious Secy. of Homeland Security, is always talking about "vitural fences" -- and I keep screaming at my radio saying back to him: "Well then why no 'Virtual Fence' around the White House?"

Because a REAL FENCE actually KEEPS the bad guys out!

Will these people EVER learn?

Im likin the electric fence Idea a lot. Nice jolt of electricity and boom your back on the ground. Probably one of the least expensive solutions
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Re: Lott: 'I've already offended everybody'

[quote="CountFloyd"]Lott: 'I've already offended everybody'
    Fence? Goats? What is Lott talking about?

WASHINGTON --
    What does a fence on the United State-Mexico border have to do with goats?

Sen. Minority Whip Trent Lott, R-Miss., was talking to reporters Wednesday about the immigration bill, when he said, "If the answer is 'build a fence' I've got two goats on my place in Mississippi. There ain't no fence big enough, high enough, strong enough, that you can keep those goats in that fence."

"Now people are at least as smart as goats," Lott continued. "Maybe not as agile. Build a fence. We should have a virtual fence. Now one of the ways I keep those goats in the fence is I electrified them. Once they got popped a couple of times they quit trying to jump it."

"I'm not proposing an electrified goat fence," Lott added quickly, "I'm just trying, there's an analogy there."

Asked for clarification as to what exactly the analogy was, Lott spokesman Lee Youngblood said that the senator supported a variety of measures in the immigration bill, including unmanned aerial surveillance vehicles, radar and more border patrol agents, as well as a fence to reduce the flow of illegal immigration.

"A fence in and of itself is not enough," said Youngblood. "You can have technology to support the fence and to supplement the fence."

The revived immigration bill that the Senate is set to consider after collapsing last week includes an additional $4.4 billion for border security with funding for 370 miles of fencing.

Lott has become a lightning rod for criticism for his support for the bill, most recently by talk radio.

Acknowledging the flak he's taken, Lott said Wednesday, "I keep trying to tell everybody 'calm down, calm down, let me be the one that offends the left, the middle and the right.' I'm doing great, aren't I? But it gives you a level of utopia that is just so blissful."

"I don't worry about offending anybody anymore, " said Lott, "because I've already offended everybody."

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/81785.html[/quot

I can't beleive what i just read................for a U.S. Senator to make assinine statements like that about something this important to the American People
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    He not only offends people, but is an animal abuser as well. Sad.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast