Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Menu Item on Space Station: Drinking Water Made from Recycled ...

Oct 26, 2007 ... WORKING UP A THIRST: NASA is developing a water recovery system for the International Space Station that will recycle astronauts' urine, ...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... n-space-st
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote=marquis]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    Quote Originally Posted by "NoBueno":2uk44ee2
    Lucy was born during Liberia's civil war "in a house with no food and no water," said Mehdeh, who has long dreamed of giving her the advantages of life in America.
    Another third-world SOB story. Let's bring them all here! Time to pull the plug on green card lottery...
    i actually like the green card lottery system ... it shows the worlds poor that america is still accessable to them , if even only by chance ...
    I'm sure this is true...but i'm of the opinion we have enough of the world's poor already here. We don't need anymore, especially when 20 million illegals (also poor) remain in this country with little fear of being deported. In addition, the rational behind the green card lottery was to increase "diversity."

So who's going to let us know when we've accomplished "diversity?"
    eliminating the green card lottery would crush countless numbers of people the world over ... just think of how much american citizenship means to anyone who wins that lottery , and think of the good PR we get as a country with all of their friends and relatives back home ..

of course we need to remove the 20 million illegal immgrants , and i do agree with you that we have WAY too many poor people right now , but i don't see why WE should have to change our ways because of illegal immgration ... we need to focus our efforts on attacking the REAL source of our immgration problems , and it's NOT the visa lottery , but massive and unchecked illegal immgration ..
    America gives untold billions in aid to third-world nations all over this globe. We are the fist to come to the aid of others in times of crisis and natural disaster! The United States of America supports half the world already in one way or another. What better "PR" is there than that!

If the lives of people all over the world are going to be "crushed" because we eliminate the green card lottery, then we probably don't want them here anyway.

Again, we have millions of poor Americans in this country that need assistance. We do not need to import more poverty from third-world nations, bad PR or not.
    right ... so your saying that we should WORRY about the visa lottery program ? that we should devote an OUNCE of our enegery into calling our elected officals over it , or discussing it amoung friends and family memebers while our country like the tiantaic has a GUSHING wound pouring in millions of illegal immgrants every year ?

50 K people is insignant compared to the PROBLEM , and taking your eyes off of the REAL problem will only hurt our cause ...

we could debate about this for HOURS , but it's not imporant .. stopping ILLEGAL immgration is where all of our focus should lie ..[/quote:2uk44ee2]

I didn't say we should "devote anything" nor any efforts to “callingâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tell me would you be against this visa lottery system if tomrrow we were minus 20 million illegal immgrants ? and remember it's only 50 k a year ..

I'm against the green card lottery irrespective of what happens regarding illegal immigration. It's a separate issue. One of the goals of the green card lottery was creating "diversity."

I believe diversity is a subjective term and importing 50, 500, 5000, or 50,000 poverty stricken people from third-world countries in the name of "diversity" is not necessary.

And it's not just 50,000. These 50,000 lottery winners can then sponsor family members, which means that number will double or triple before the true tally is able to be realized.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm against the green card lottery irrespective of what happens regarding illegal immigration. It's a separate issue. The main goal of the green card lottery was creating "diversity."

I believe diversity is a subjective term and importing 50, 500, 5000, or 50,000 poverty stricken people from third-world countries in the name of "diversity" is not necessary.

And it's not just 50,000. These 50,000 lottery winners can then sponsor family members, which means that number will double or triple before the true tally is able to be realized.
    hmm you do have a point , people from third world countries do tend to have ALOT of children ....

it's just i feel bad for the people in other countries , the poor ones , who may have spent their entire lives dreaming of becoming us citizens , people who will never have that shot at it in the way an H1B visa holder would or others with money ...

i do think "diversity " is imporant thou ....it's imporant to national security that we have people who come from all over the world so that we can use them for intellgence purposes .. just look at how well we've utlized arabic speaking americans to fight terrorism ...

Marquis...I have feelings to and also feel bad for these people, but I do not allow my feelings to influnce my decision on issues such as this. This cannot be about feelings any longer. I'm not against diversity, but again, this is a subjective term. When will we know when we have reached the goal of "diversity" and who will tell us when that goal has been reached?

You're also right in that diversity can be used in many ways to benefit this country.
    I respect the fact you have a differnt opinion than I on this issue. That's ok...after all, we are on the same team!

We should limit the lotto to 1 free green card for each 10,000 illegal aliens they deport.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    We should limit the lotto to 1 free green card for each 10,000 illegal aliens they deport.
    sounds good to me !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12