Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Lou Dobbs' Ratings Up at CNN

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... 4603.shtml

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:44 a.m. EDT
    Lou Dobbs' Ratings Up at CNN

Lou Dobbs’ on-air campaign against illegal immigration is translating into a huge boost in the ratings of his weekday evening CNN show.

"Lou Dobbs Tonight” averaged 817,000 total viewers last month - a 46 percent increase over April of last year, according to Nielsen Media Research. So far in 2006, Dobbs is up 33 percent.

"The passions of the country have aligned with Lou's passions for subjects like broken borders," CNN/U.S. president Jonathan Klein told the Philadelphia Inquirer."The rest of the nation is awakening."

On his CNN show, lifelong Republican Dobbs assails the Bush administration for doing too little to stem illegal immigration. He rails against businesses for outsourcing American jobs to other countries, and advocacy groups for helping illegal aliens in the U.S., and praises officials who try to enforce immigration laws.

"As a citizen, the idea that 4 1/2 years after 9/11 we would have such porous borders is completely outrageous to me," Dobbs said. "It's unconscionable.

"We've been absolutely committed to this issue for years. It touches nerves."

Unless federal agents can secure the borders, Dobbs supports building fences "wherever necessary. There's no other reasonable, responsible position to take."

He said he will continue his campaign against illegal immigration "until Congress and the administration - this or the next - lives up to their responsibility to provide for the safety of the American people, and we resolve the issue."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I never ever tuned into CNN until Lou Dobbs and this recent immigration deal. Now I look forward to the 6:00-7:00 pm time slot with Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina
    I never ever tuned into CNN until Lou Dobbs and this recent immigration deal. Now I look forward to the 6:00-7:00 pm time slot with Lou.
    Me too. I never miss Lou, he tells it like it is!!!

"The passions of the country have aligned with Lou's passions for subjects like broken borders," CNN/U.S. president Jonathan Klein told the Philadelphia Inquirer."The rest of the nation is awakening."

Actually, I disagree with the line "passions of the country have aligned with Lou's passions for subjects like broken borders"

I believe Lou Dobbs has aligned himself with the passions of our country.

Thank you Lou Dobbs. May history smile upon you for telling the nation the truth!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lou Rules!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

I liked Lou's rhetoric questions to our government and our president last night on his show. He is right do they really think we are that stupid
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

lifelong Republican Dobbs
    This can't be true.

Over at FR yesterday, the Exalted Ruler said this about Dobbs:

To: Arizona Carolyn

Lou Dobbs is a Bush hating Marxist tool. Be careful who you go to bed with. You're being used.

261 posted on 05/09/2006 2:57:51 PM PDT by Jim Robinson [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 258 | View Replies ]
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

LOL!

Me, before joinng Alipac: Lou who?

Me, after joining Alipac: Yoo hoo for Lou!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/en ... 542760.htm

Posted on Thu, May. 11, 2006

Immigration debate is boost for Dobbs

BY GAIL SHISTER
    Knight Ridder News Service

Going south of the border is driving Lou Dobbs' numbers north on Nielsen.

Dobbs' rants against illegal immigration are yielding big ratings for CNN.

The 6 p.m. weekday Lou Dobbs Tonight averaged 817,000 total viewers last month -- a 46 percent increase over April `05, Nielsen Media Research says.

Moreover, Dobbs was up 34 percent among the 25-to-54-year-old audience that advertisers pay a premium to reach.

''The passions of the country have aligned with Lou's passions for subjects like broken borders,'' says Jonathan Klein, CNN/U.S. president. ``The rest of the nation is awakening.''

Reality check: Brit Hume's Special Report on Fox News Channel clobbers Dobbs at 6. Hume is averaging 1.4 million total viewers this year, almost double Dobbs' total. Still, Dobbs is up 33 percent so far in 2006.

Dobbs' position on illegal immigration dates back more than four years, he says. The issue's in full flame now, with Congress debating a controversial new bill, and rallies being held around the country.

''As a citizen, the idea that 4 ½ years after 9-11 we would have such porous borders is completely outrageous to me,'' Dobbs, 60, says.

``We've been absolutely committed to this issue for years. It touches nerves.''

So does CNN's Klein. Comparing Dobbs and Hume, he says the former ``is more informed about the critical issues facing the country, and more objective about what's going on in the world. Lou Dobbs is in the pocket of no man.''

That's a not-so-veiled reference to President Bush's new press secretary, former Fox newsman Tony Snow.

Hume ''is a well-respected journalist,'' Klein says, ``but for Fox in general, when a Fox anchor is the president's spokesperson, it might be hard for viewers to presume that it's reporting independently on the . . . issues.''

An FNC rep returns fire: ``After CNN's dismal performance [in April], Jon should be more concerned with keeping his job than passing judgment on a respected journalist like Brit Hume.''

Some argue that journalists shouldn't take any position publicly, to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest. Klein argues that Dobbs' 30-plus years of experience informs his mixture of news, analysis and opinion, ``and it's clear which is which.''