Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LULAC & MALDEF After Congress AGAIN

2008 LULAC / MALDEF

POLICY SUMMIT & ADVOCACY DAY

LULAC and MALDEF will conduct a policy briefing with Members of Congress, their staff and Hispanic leaders on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 to address three pertinent issues affecting the Latino community.

A panel of experts will be discussing:

1. Community Development

Focus: This panel will focus on the challenges from the civil rights community in finding funding and how the federal government can be more responsive and amenable to reaching out to Hispanics.

2. The Rise of Hate Crimes in the Immigration Movement

Focus: This panel will discuss how the immigration movement has given rise to hate crimes against Latinos and other minority communities.

3. Election 2008: The Role of Hispanics

Focus: Hispanics are the largest minority community and have become a substantial voting bloc in the general election. This panel will focus on the role of Hispanics in the 2008 Elections and address the outreach efforts that are being made from community organizations and political parties.

A Luncheon focused on Civic Engagement is scheduled following the briefing.

For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Garcia at 202-833-6130 ext. 14, egarcia@LULAC.org or visit the LULAC Website.

J.W. Marriott Hotel 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Salon D, 9:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m.

Rec'd from LULAC via email

I thought immigrants were to become Americans, not form Latino communities to keep to themselves.

LULAC and MALDEF will conduct a policy briefing with Members of Congress, their staff and Hispanic leaders on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 to address three pertinent issues affecting the Latino community.
    Perhaps the American Citizens need to conduct a briefing with Members of Congress to let them know about the issues affecting ALL Americans, not just one specific group of people. I can just hear the whining from NCLR, LULAC and MALDEF, if someone said issues affecting the White community.

I am in agreement titan. I think our government is trying to divide us so that they can conquer. I too feel that the laws that are passed should be what is good for ALL AMERICANS. Why should Hispanics be treated better or different than other AMERICANS. Why do they have needs other AMERICANS don't seem to have.

SO LET'S UNITE!

CALL YOUR LOCAL REPUBLICAN OFFICE AND ASK THEM TO SUPPORT OR VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY!!!

HE WILL FIGHT FOR AMERICA!!!

HE HAS PROVED IT BY SAYING IT OUT LOUD! HE HAS A TRUE IMMIGRATION AND ECONOMIC PLAN FOR THE U.S.A.

WE NEED CHANGE!!! LET'S UNITE.