Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LUPE: La Joya PD need to stick to policing, not immigration

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Last Updated: 24 May 2008

LUPE: La Joya police need to stick to policing, not immigration matters

By Joey Gomez

La Unión del Pueblo Entero Director Juanita Valdez-Cox

LA JOYA, May 24 - Members of La Unión del Pueblo Entero say they are out to make sure local police officers do not overstep their efforts to keep the peace by acting as Border Patrol in the western communities of Hidalgo County.

Starting in La Joya on Friday, LUPE began a series of meetings with acting chiefs of local police departments to clarify enforcement procedures in an area that police say is well-known for drug trafficking, human smuggling, and immigration. LUPE also plans to meet with police chiefs in Peñitas, Palmview, and Mission.

“Is it being an officer for the safety and security of these residents in the area or is it to find out who is here without documents,â€

Freaken Mexican org's telling police chiefs how to run their force
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

unbelievable; telling the police what to do and we let that happen? What the hades is going on?

http://www.lupenet.org/

2502 Merced St.
    Fresno, CA 93721
    (559) 497-5500
    (559) 497-5450

juanitavc@lupenet.org

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Sounds like no 287g or CAPS program in La Joya , santuary city
    no doubt.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

reply to LUPE

RE: The Rule OF Law

The foundation of the USA is the Rule of Law, applied equally to all, all laws enforced and no exceptions. No Person is above the Law. This legal system has served us well.

You are advocating selective enforcement of law. This is an assault on the Foundation of this Society and it is a dangerous precedent.

Example: You do not want to stop at red traffic signals. You kill my Daughter when you run a red signal. You think this is acceptable because you do not have to obey laws that you do not like. My Daughter has a right to live in safety. Your selfish position lacks regard for the rights of others.

As a Citizen, I have a right to Police protection from all lawbreakers. You arrogant demand that Police should not enforce all laws is supporting a two-tier law enforcement system. You appear to want a corrupt Police Department. You have only to look south of the border to see the result of selective law enforcement. You are promoting anarchy with these seditious statements. This is not acceptable to me.

People who have broken our immigration laws are responsible for their decision. There must consequences for criminal acts. Do not break the law if you do not want the consequences.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Check they're ID cards and deport none citizens ... the police chief should have been fired immeadiatly for his cowering to the IA hoard
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sharing a reply from LUPE in response to my letter

Yahoo! Services

* Yahoo!
    * My Yahoo!
    * Mail
    * More Yahoo! Services

Make Y! My Home Page
    Account Options
    Hi, shelvaprestonMy ProfileSign OutAll-New MailHelp
    Yahoo! Mail
    Yahoo! Search
    Searchweb search
    Mail| Contacts| Calendar| Notepad Mail For Mobile - Mail Plus - Options
    Check Mail Compose
    Search Mail: Search Mail Search the Web
    Netflix
    Only $4.99/mo.
    Folders[Add - Edit]

Inbox
    Draft
    Sent
    Bulk[Empty]
    Trash[Empty]

My Folders[Hide]

pictures

Search Shortcuts

My Photos
    My Attachments

Previous | Next | Back to Messages Call or Instant Message
    Delete Reply Forward Spam Move...

Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]
    From: "Juanita Valdez-Cox" <juanitavc@lupenet.org> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    To: shelvapreston@yahoo.com
    Subject: RE: You do Not Speak for Me
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:38:28 -0500

Ms. Preston,

Of course I do not speak for you. But I have attempted to respond below to some of your allegations and misinterpretations of our ideas about building a more Just society in this country.

Juanita Valdez-Cox

The foundation of the USA is the Rule of Law, applied equally to all, all laws enforced and no exceptions. No Person is above the Law. This legal system has served us well. Your statement is one of ideals but unfortunately not of reality. In the US no person is above the law… unless they have lots of money and/or celebrity. Does the name O. J. Simpson ring any bells for you? Laws are written by the group which holds the majority of the votes in Congress or in the state legislature, only occasionally tempered by the rights of those in the minority. Our current immigration laws represent a racist intention to protect ‘white’ America from immigrants of color. For many decades the laws of most Southern states (Texas included) forced African-Americans and Latinos to drink from separate water fountains, to attend segregated schools, among many other injustices. Jim Crow was the law of the land, upheld by the Supreme Court on many occasions. Only recently did the City of Edcouch officially repeal a local law that prohibited the presence of Mexicans other than servants and employees in certain portions of that city. Our legal system has served whites in general and the rich quite well, but it certainly has not helped low-income people or American industries desperate to find willing workers.

You are advocating selective enforcement of law. This is an assault on the Foundation of this Society and it is a dangerous precedent. I do NOT advocate selective enforcement of law. What I DO advocate is that every police agency fulfills its legal responsibilities. Law enforcement in this country is divided among dozens of different agencies with different responsibilities. FBI agents should not issue traffic citations to reckless drivers; they have ‘bigger fish’ to pursue. And local police departments should not be given the responsibility of detaining undocumented immigrants unless those people are involved in some infraction of local laws (speeding, robbery, burglary, etc.).

Example: You do not want to stop at red traffic signals. You kill my Daughter when you run a red signal. You think this is acceptable because you do not have to obey laws that you do not like. My Daughter has a right to live in safety. Your selfish position lacks regard for the rights of others. This is a perfect example of our point. When such an accident occurs, local policemen (not ICE officers) will seek out witnesses to the incident so they can determine the cause and bring charges against possible violators. If an undocumented bystander is approached by a policeman ordered to detain any undocumented person they encounter, they probably will respond with one answer: ‘I saw nothing.’ The effectiveness of police in addressing local crimes relies upon the trust of the community. Only if everyone in the community, with or without documents, can be secure in their interactions with local police will the community as a whole be able to resist criminal activity. I am not opposed to having local police call the immigration authorities when they apprehend an undocumented suspect involved in a crime. Fair and even-handed policing inspires the trust and cooperation of the entire community and that is what leads to safer neighborhoods.

As a Citizen, I have a right to Police protection from all lawbreakers. Your arrogant demand that Police should not enforce all laws is supporting a two-tier law enforcement system. You appear to want a corrupt Police Department. You have only to look south of the border to see the result of selective law enforcement. You are promoting anarchy with these seditious statements. This is not acceptable to me. Our Constitution says and the Supreme Court has affirmed that the protections of our laws extend to ALL people in this country, not exclusively to US Citizens. That is one of the reasons I am proud of my country. As for the ‘two-tier law enforcement’ idea, I have already spoken to that above.

People who have broken our immigration laws are responsible for their decision. There must consequences for criminal acts. Do not break the law if you do not want the consequences. You are confused. This point is just one of dozens of misconceptions promoted by anti-immigrant forces to inflame the emotions of the uninformed. People accused of crossing the border without inspection and admission are not prosecuted in criminal courts, and violators are not criminals. If an undocumented immigrant is apprehended by the proper authorities their case will be examined in the immigration courts and they may be deported. That infraction does not constitute a criminal act.

<

They need to educate their members that they can't be driving if they don't have a license. That is how they most likely would make contact with our officers. If they drive a vehicle, and commit a violation, and they don't have a license they are going to get a ticket
    A ticket! Why are they not being arrested and deported?

And then this jewel:

In return del Angel said LUPE needs to educate its members that they can't drive if they don't have a valid license. He said some members have been prone to show their LUPE membership cards, which are not valid.
    Either these are the dumbest people on the face of this planet, or they have been led to believe by some LUPE official that membership in their ethno-centric group affords them some special favors/status when dealing with local law enforcement, which is an outrage in of itself!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just another American city that now belongs to mexico.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)