Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LUPE to sue over Border Patrol's work in hurricane evacuatio

Lawsuit to be filed over Border Patrol's work in hurricane evacuation process

By Steve Taylor
    The Rev. Mike Seifert, priest of San Felipe Community Church in Cameron Park, Brownsville.

SAN JUAN, July 9 - Church and immigrant rights groups in the Rio Grande Valley are to file a lawsuit to force Border Patrol to explain its checkpoint policy in the event of a hurricane evacuation.

Details of the lawsuit, which is being filed by the South Texas Civil Rights Project and Texas RioGrande Legal Aid in federal court in McAllen, will be announced at a news conference later today at La Unión del Pueblo Entero’s meeting hall in San Juan.

The lawsuit is being filed on behalf of LUPE, Proyecto Juan Diego, Proyecto Digna, and San Felipe Community Church in Brownsville.

“We want Border Patrol to give us information about its plans to check immigration documents and its plan to keep checkpoints open during a hurricane evacuation,â€

Valdez-Cox said LUPE and other immigrant rights groups have had many calls and visits from anxious families, some documented, some not, asking what would happen in the event of a hurricane

Dog eat dog. Survival means. Deal with it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe if they weren't here illegally they would'nt have to worry about it. Oh yeah , I forgot about their attitude of - how dare you check my papers !

Why the tears? If illegal aliens don't like being the victim of immigration laws being enforced they shouldn't brake them. Don't blame law enforcement for doing their job. If I were them I'd move out of a hurricane zone. The other point is there is a lot of aid given to hurricane victims why should taxpayers extra so illegels can live anywhere they want? Hell, illegal line up to get aid even when they're not victims, remember Sandiego's wild fires?