Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

xyz

Ma McCain..Hold Your Nose.. McCain

This is an excerpt of McCain's mother Roberta speaking during a C-Span interview that will be aired Sunday Night..according to the information I have
    Help From Mama McCain

John McCain's nonagenarian mother Roberta has suffered a recurrence of the foot-in-mouth disease which got her in such trouble with Mormons a couple of months ago. This time it was a question regarding her son's conservative credentials that tripped her up.

Here's the relevant extract from the C-Span interview transcript:

Steve Scully: This is a political question in terms of how he gets the nomination, but just from what you have seen, how much support do you think he has among the base of the Republican Party?

Roberta McCain: I don’t think he has any. I don’t know what the base of the Repub– maybe I don’t know enough about it, but I’ve not seen any help whatsoever.

Scully: So can he then go on and become the nominee of this party?

Roberta McCain: Yes, I think holding their nose they’re going to have to take him.

Scully: Can you explain?

Roberta McCain: Well, everything they’ve done and said. … Now I’m really popping off, but he worked like a dog to get Bush re-elected. …He’s backed Bush in everything except Rumsfeld. Have you heard other senators and congressmen backing Bush over eight years? Find me it – give me a name. I’ve not seen any public recognition of the work that he’s done for the Republican party.

Now I’m really popping off, but he worked like a dog to get Bush re-elected.

And we know how fabulous that turned out for the USA. You guys doing better than you were 7 years ago pre southern border invasion?