Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MA State Rep. Mike Moran of Brighton rearended by illegal

State Rep. in accident with suspected illegal immigrant

Updated: Sunday, 23 May 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
    Published : Friday, 21 May 2010, 7:04 PM EDT

BOSTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - A serious car crash involving a local lawmaker and a suspected illegal immigrant is threatening to reignite already heated debates about immigration on Beacon Hill, according to police reports obtained by FOX25.

State Rep. Mike Moran of Brighton was rear-ended by a suspected illegal immigrant this week. The suspect was wearing a Mexican costume at the time of the crash where he slammed into Moran at 60 mph.

The suspect, 27-year-old Isaias Naranjo, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident and driving without a valid license. According to the report, when told of the serious charges he would be facing, he just laughed.

But because of action taken by Gov. Deval Patrick, state police were unable to notify immigration authorities that Naranjo might be illegal.

Three years ago, Patrick revoked an order by former governor Mitt Romney which gave state police power to investigate immigration violations.

The governor's aides are defending the measure, saying the department of correction can still pursue the violation.

The accident is bound to reverberate at the Statehouse where lawmakers just narrowly rejected a bill to crackdown on illegal immigrants.

This could also become an issue in the governor's race because of what Patrick did three years ago.

The suspect, whose blood alcohol content was .25 at the time of the accident according to the police report, is being held on $50,000 cash bail.

From the police report:

"..he just laughed slurring that he was going to back to 'my country' mexico. "Nothing is going to happen to me, man."

Disgusting!!! Hopefully Rep Moran will be seriously changing his views with his pro-illegal stance when it comes to illegal aliens!

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/pol ... t-20100521
    Detect, Detain, and Deport - The 3-D method of choice!!

I'll bet he has already come up with the $50,000 and is out on bail heading south.

I was rear ended by a chevy caprice back in '99. The guy was going 45. My car was totaled and I had a concussion and ended up having back surgery. I can only imagine what the Moran is going through. Thankfully it wasn't an illegal who hit me although the guy only had liability insurance. Couldn't even cover the cost of my car...

The suspect was wearing a Mexican costume at the time of the crash where he slammed into Moran at 60 mph.
    Mariachi or bullfighter? Maybe it was the "illegal alien" costume that caused so much flap last Oct.

Should be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

According to the report, when told of the serious charges he would be facing, he just laughed.
    How much more proof do these dufuses need that illegals dont care about citizenship of following the rules for that matter? Sickening.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The suspect was wearing a Mexican costume at the time of the crash
    Maybe Dora the Explorer.

This guy needs to spend some time in jail to adjust his attitude. He believes our laws are a joke, and he's right when it comes to illegals. There is no enforcement, no punishment for disobeying our laws. In fact, the rewards are quite substantial.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a common occurance in Phoenix. Two of my employees have both been rear-ended at red lights by illegal aliens in the past year. Both illegal aliens had no insurance, no drivers license, no registration, and no question by Phoenix police as to their legal status with ICE, even though one of the illegal alien drivers admitted to police he was here illegally from Mexico.

Neither one showed up in court and both have failure to appear warrants. I am sure they are using new fake names by now and will never be held accountable for the accidents. At least if they were picked up by ICE they would have been fingerprinted and deported but instead they get to freely roam the streets.

I avoid driving on the westside of Phoenix as much as possible as that is where most of them live. You can tell with all the paper tag license plates on their walk-away-from-accident $500 cars they buy.

MA rep speaks about accident...

http://www.breitbart.tv/ma-state-lawmak ... /#comments

He professes that he is STILL pro-immigrant and pro-illegal immigrant...He learned nothing!!!