Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Made in Mexico' uniforms miff border cops

Talk about an insult to our border patrol! We need to write letters to this VF Solutions in Nashville! This really ticks me off!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.al.com/newsflash/national/in ... t=national

'Made in Mexico' uniforms miff border cops
    11/27/2005, 11:49 a.m. ET
    The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) â€â€
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

U.S. DOT Awards Uniforms Contract to the VF Solutions

Are these made in Mexico also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every American should be absolutely LIVID over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/tsa2302.htm

TSA 23-02
    Friday, June 14, 2002
    Phone: 202-493-1253

U.S. DOT Awards Uniforms Contract to the VF Solutions

Under Secretary of Transportation for Security John W. Magaw today announced that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has awarded VF Solutions of Nashville, TN, the contract to provide up to 52,000 uniforms for federal passenger and baggage screeners.

Under the terms of the competitively procured contract, VF Solutions will provide uniform sets made up of commercial off-the-shelf components. The uniform sets include navy blue trousers and a white shirt with the TSA emblem on each sleeve. Also included in the uniform set are a sweater vest, shoes, socks, a belt, and both blue and burgundy ties for men and women. The initial contract will be awarded for $13.5 million with a maximum government obligation up to $16.7 million if all options are exercised.

The TSA emblem is an eagle surrounded by an American flag that has nine stars and 11 stripes that represent the attack on America on Sept. 11, 2001.

“The traveling public will identify the TSA uniforms, we believe, with a sense of confidence and security,� said Under Secretary Magaw. “As new federal passenger and baggage screeners are hired and trained, they will represent our signature of excellence in public service through courtesy and integrity while providing world-class security and world-class customer service.�

TSA is responsible for civil aviation security, and is in the process of establishing federal security operations in the nation’s commercial airports. TSA will deploy federal passenger screeners to all 429 commercial airports by Nov. 19, 2002, and federal baggage screeners will screen all checked baggage by Dec. 31, 2002.

For more information regarding Transportation Security Administration, please see the TSA website at www.tsa.dot.gov.

VF Solutions

I just sent an email expressing my disgust at their treacherous actions!

Here is VF Solutions web site

http://www.vfsolutions.com/

Here is the contact info

contact_us@vfc.com

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/nation/13268764.htm

Posted on Sun, Nov. 27, 2005

Agents' uniforms raise concerns

By DAVE MONTGOMERY
    Star-Telegram Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON -- T.J. Bonner isn't quite comfortable in his olive-green Border Patrol uniform, but his misgivings have nothing to do with the fit or appearance. He's mad about the label: "Made in Mexico."

"It's embarrassing to be protecting the U.S.-Mexico border and be wearing a uniform made in Mexico," says Bonner, a San Diego-based agent and president of the 6,500-member agents union, the National Border Patrol Council.

For more than a year, the men and women responsible for combating illegal immigration have been wearing uniforms manufactured south of the border. In addition to the symbolism, they say, the outsourcing to Mexico poses national security risks if some of the uniforms fall into the hands of criminals or potential terrorists.

Consequently, some members of Congress insist that it's time to change labels.

With House members preparing to consider tough new immigration and border security measures after the Thanksgiving congressional break, Rep. Rick Renzi, R-Ariz., says he plans to push for a measure requiring that the uniforms be made in the United States. "Made in America, baby," Renzi adds for emphasis.

Rep. John Carter of Texas, who plans to join Renzi in pushing for the restriction, said he shares the Arizona lawmaker's concerns that smugglers or Mexican gang members could steal a batch of uniforms and penetrate the already porous 1,951-mile-long border between Mexico andfour states in the Southwest.

"If we're manufacturing uniforms in Mexico, what's to stop someone from walking across the border in a Border Patrol uniform?" Carter, a Republican from Round Rock in Central Texas, said in a telephone interview last week from his district office. "How do you know who are our guys and who are their guys?"

The uniforms are supplied through VF Solutions of Nashville, Tenn., under a contract that allows the apparel company to subcontract its work to plants in the United States, Mexico, Canada and the Dominican Republican. The contract authorizes the company to provide shirts and pants for agents and inspectors with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, a branch of the Homeland Security Department.

"The principle of it seems almost like an oxymoron," said James Stack of Alamogordo, N.M., the National Border Patrol Council's vice president for a region that includes Texas and New Mexico. "Most agents don't like it."

Company officials did not return phone calls last week to discuss the contract. But customs officials have said they maintain rigid security procedures, including on-site inspections at the Mexican plant, and have detected no security breaches or misuse of uniforms.

U.S. officials conducted a "security and quality assurance review" at the plant in August, according to a statement on Wednesday from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Washington headquarters.

"Based on this review, a report will be submitted to the CBP commissioner for determination on the made-in-Mexico issue, and no decisions have been made at this point," the statement said.

Security concerns raised by the foreign-made uniforms will likely amplify an already heated debate as President Bush and Congress work toward toughening border security and seek ways to reverse the flow of illegal immigrants, primarily from Mexico.

An estimated 11 million illegal immigrants are living in the United States, including 1.4 million in Texas, according to the Pew Hispanic Center.

While most of the immigrants are job-seekers looking for much higher incomes in the U.S. economy, experts say the illegal flow also includes gang members and fugitives from Mexican justice who might welcome a chance to get their hands on a Border Patrol uniform. Lawmakers also worry that unscrupulous gang members might help sneak terrorists into the country if the price is right.

"Who's going to miss a few dozen uniforms?" said Bonner, the union president. "That could be very dangerous to the agents. You see a uniform, and you assume that's one of the good guys."

Renzi said he hopes to persuade Republican House leaders to include the made-in-America requirement as part of an immigration enforcement measure expected to be introduced by House Judiciary Chairman James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., in early December. The measure could come up for debate on the House floor next week.

Approximately 11,200 Border Patrol agents are deployed along the 6,000 miles of border separating the United States from Mexico and Canada. Although 1,000 agents will be added under a measure signed last month by the president, lawmakers are calling for thousands of additional agents, as well as other steps, to further secure the borders.

Carter said the Mexican-made uniforms constitute not only a security risk but also represent another example of work leaving the United States to go to cheaper labor markets elsewhere.

"It's a security issue as well as an economic issue," he said.

Bonner, an agent for more than 27 years, said members of his union have complained repeatedly after uniforms began arriving with made-in-Mexico labels.

"They're not happy about this, but what are they supposed to do?" he said. "You can't boycott and not wear a uniform."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rep. Rick Renzi, R-Ariz., says he plans to push for a measure requiring that the uniforms be made in the United States. "Made in America, baby," Renzi adds for emphasis.
    Good for Renzi.

NO GOVERNMENT CONTRACT SHOULD BE AWARDED TO A COMPANY THAT EITHER HIRES ILLEGAL ALIENS OR SUBCONTRACTS WORK OUTSIDE THE USA!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just emailed the TSA as well. I said that, every day, I hear of more incompetence from our government and that I just couldn't BELIEVE that they are allowing the uniforms worn by people who are supposed to be PROTECTING US to be made in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. I told them their idea was INSANE.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Do we not have enough problems with the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY??? I swear, these are a bunch of raving MANIACS. Honestly, it never ceases to AMAZE me at the IGNORANCE of our government.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Do we not have enough problems with the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY??? I swear, these are a bunch of raving MANIACS. Honestly, it never ceases to AMAZE me at the IGNORANCE of our government.
    and they seem to get worse day by day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They must have hired that new private consulting agency owned by NONE OTHER THAN MICHAEL BROWN!!!!!

well

Bootsie, I would not call it ignorance, I call it ARROGANCE!

I tried to email the company and it came back. I guess I will have to call!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast