Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maine: Lawyers advise employers to heed immigration laws

1/29/09
    Lawyers advise employers to heed immigration laws

By Judy Harrison
    BDN Staff
    PORTLAND, Maine — Maine companies that employ foreign workers need to be prepared for an investigation from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office, lawyers who advise firms on immigration law said Thursday at the annual meeting of the Maine State Bar Association.

Even companies whose workers are U.S. citizens should be prepared for greater scrutiny as use of a new I-9 form that must be filled out by all employees goes into effect Monday, lawyers Paul Greene and Anna Welch, both of Portland, told the dozen attorneys who took part in a session titled “Employers Beware: Hot Topics in Immigration Law.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yea Yea Yea!! A victory! So nice to read good news once in a while!
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

It's about time! I have to fill out the I9 every time I start a job, sometimes several times in one year but when I found out it was just filed away as some kind of lame formality I was P.O..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)