Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maine: Mexicans in court on charges of having fake documenta

Mexicans in court on charges of having fake documentation
    By Judy Harrison
    Friday, March 07, 2008 - Bangor Daily News

BANGOR, Maine — Four Mexican men who allegedly left Pennsylvania more than 10 days ago headed for home with a bag full of counterfeit $100 bills made their first appearances Thursday in U.S. District Court.

They were arrested on Sunday, Feb. 24, at the Houlton border crossing after being sent back by Canadian officials who believed they had entered the country mistakenly.

Noe Peralta Rivera, 23, Valentine Peralta Rivera, 26, Gabriel Rivera Peralta, 25, and Silvestre Rivera Hernandez, 50, are charged with possession of false immigration documents. In addition, Hernandez is charged with possession of counterfeit U.S. currency.

The men are believed to be related to one another but their relation could not be determined from court documents.

If convicted, they face up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000 on the document charges. Hernandez faces up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000 for having the counterfeit money.

The filing of charges was delayed while officials investigated the counterfeit bills, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Bangor.

The men have been held at the Aroostook County Jail since their arrest. They are expected to be detained pending the outcome of the case.

The men arrived in two cars at the Houlton border crossing about 8 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 24, according to court documents. During interviews with Customs and Border Protection officers, all four admitted that they were in the U.S. illegally with fake documents they had purchased for $100 each. The men told agents that they had been living and working in Pennsylvania.

The next day, while the Mexicans were being held for removal by immigration officials, a custodian reported finding a bag of money in the trash barrel of the men’s restroom at the Houlton border crossing, according to court documents. Agents found 201 $100 bills, many of which had the same serial numbers, in a plastic bag in the trash.

A review of the security tapes at the Houlton border crossing inspection area allegedly showed Hernandez removing something from a blue bag, placing an object under his left arm or in the left side of his jacket, covering it with a piece of clothing, then walking in the direction of the men’s room.

Deputies at the Aroostook County Jail found three of the bills in a search of Hernandez’s personal property, according to court documents.

Hernandez allegedly admitted that he had paid $250 to a man in Pennsylvania for 180 of the fake $100 bills. He also told investigators that he hid the money in a trashcan in the restroom.

He said that he had not passed any of the fake currency but had intended to take it to Mexico and either exchange or spend it there, according to court documents.

http://bangornews.com/news/t/news.aspx? ... zoneid=500
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They got lost at the Canadian border on the way to Mexico?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

This is what I've shared several times since I joined the forum. I heard it with my OWN TWO EARS the plots of getting visas to Canada for the sole purpose of entering into the US illegally through the northern border because of the increased patrols, etc. and risks in entering illegally from the southern border.

Canada went knocking on Mexico's door to offer opportunities for employment and higher education. This is what happens because they really don't want to be in Canada, they want to be in the US.

Interesting, huh?
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!