Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maine: Secretary of State endorses license residency law

Secretary of State endorses license residency law
    December 5, 2007
    AUGUSTA, Maine—A report to the Legislature says Maine should make state residence a requirement to get a driver's license.

The report presented Wednesday to the Transportation Committee stems from bills last session that proposed a residency requirement. Both were set aside until the issue could be studied further.

Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap, who heads the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, endorses the residence recommendation. Dunlap says he hopes it will ease concerns about illegal aliens getting driver's licenses -- but he says it's "not a magic bullet."

While calling for a residency requirement, the report does not address the issue of whether a license applicant must be a legal resident of the United States. State license services Director Robert O'Connell says that's an immigration issue, which is a federal responsibility.

www.boston.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another cop out, with thats the federal government job! All you fools have to do is make them show proof of citizenship!! Get your head out of your Asinine rhetoric and get the job done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!!! 12/5
    HELP STOP "NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNITY COLLEGES" FROM ADMITTING ILLEGALS !!(This could come to your community college next)
    WATCH VIDEO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxJZBecp_0
    ACTION THREAD( Instructions @ contact information)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-92808.html
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC Please Contribute!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

It may get cold there but Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap has no worries about freezing his ---- off, sounds like he has none.

[/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Maine: Secretary of State endorses license residency law

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Secretary of State endorses license residency law
    December 5, 2007
    AUGUSTA, Maine—A report to the Legislature says Maine should make state residence a requirement to get a driver's license.

The report presented Wednesday to the Transportation Committee stems from bills last session that proposed a residency requirement. Both were set aside until the issue could be studied further.

Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap, who heads the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, endorses the residence recommendation. Dunlap says he hopes it will ease concerns about illegal aliens getting driver's licenses -- but he says it's "not a magic bullet."

While calling for a residency requirement, the report does not address the issue of whether a license applicant must be a legal resident of the United States. State license services Director Robert O'Connell says that's an immigration issue, which is a federal responsibility.

www.boston.com
    YEAH!! They finely got to my state. I've been screaming from the mountaintops to put a hold on all Federal money to Maine. Our governor is an idiot and I don't believe he will recind the license for illegal immigrants. They get a voter registration card too!!

How do they make the licenses that they gave out already, Null & Void? I keep calling agencies like the BMV, I don't trust them. I'd rather have the states make their own immigration laws, I think we'd be tougher than the government, except Maine. LOL
    I plan on calling all the fools in the article above tomorrow.

You know the government's Immigration Laws will involve AMNESTY for those already here... Screw That!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Except for the millionaires along the coast Maine has one of the lowest income levels in the United States. So what do we get Baldacci calling for the illegal aliens to come in and compete for jobs.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Except for the millionaires along the coast Maine has one of the lowest income levels in the United States. So what do we get Baldacci calling for the illegal aliens to come in and compete for jobs.
    I'm from Maine, and the Governor BaldArchie IS drumming up more illegals to come here!!! He needs to be stopped NOW!!! The Secretary of State is dropping th ball deferring tio the Federal mandates??? Only requires residency and NOT US Citizenship?? That's what we have NOW???

They can show residency! You just buy the paperwork and some sorry Bas*ard gets his identy stolen......

Here's a video Below:
    www.wcsh6.com/video/news/player.aspx?aid=29226&bw=

The Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap, who heads the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

Office of the Secretary
    Matthew Dunlap, Secretary of State
    148 State House Station
    Augusta, Maine 04333
    Tel: 207-626-8400
    Fax: 207-287-8598

State license services Director Robert O'Connell NEED to be flooded with phone calls.

AGENCY CONTACT PERSON: Robert E. O'Connell, Jr.
    AGENCY NAME: Bureau of Motor Vehicles
    ADDRESS: 29 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
    TELEPHONE: (207) 624-9092
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris