Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

The mainstream media discover illegal immigration

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/b ... 260820.asp

August 26, 2005, 8:20 a.m.
    Dem Coincidences
    The mainstream media discover illegal immigration.

By Megan Basham

The other evening, flipping through the nightly news shows looking for anything unrelated to Natalie Holloway or BTK Killer Dennis Rader, my husband made a rather astute observation: “Why is it that all the news shows are suddenly doing 24/7 analysis of the immigration problem? You think they’re trying to help the Democrats?�

He had a point. Problems stemming from illegal immigration have provoked strong feelings among voters for years without sparking much more than an NPR/La Raza lovefest. Granted, local news outlets always cover the theft, violence, and drug busts related to the “undocumented� populations in their towns. But as a national crisis that requires talking heads incessantly to gather at the roundtable, the issue of immigration has remained fairly unvisited since the Reagan era. So why all the attention now?

I decided to test my husband’s hypothesis that the mainstream media’s current immigration craze is merely a bid to bolster Democrats. Using the terms “illegal immigrationâ€? and “border,â€? I ran a full-text LexisNexis search for television-news transcripts in 1999 â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We should be mindful that the Democrats are just as guilty with aiding illegal immigration and many Liberals are sympathetic to amnesties.

Remember the Democratic Party is full of Hispanic Caucus Traitor Democrats like Luis Gutierrez (IL) and Bob Menendez (NJ).

Remember it was Presidential Candidate John Kerry that promised a full blown amnesty in his first 100 days if elected in 2004.

Hillary Clinton has talked tough but then we find her schmoozing with La Raza, etc.

On the other hand, illegal immigration enforcement competition is good because it calls the issue to the forefront and makes it competitively drag on Bush's heels to do what should be done.

This is an interesting observation that had never occurred to me. Although you would have to believe that the majority of the mainstream media is on the left. Personally I think the media is a little more to the right these days. I have noticed the media picking up on the illegal immigration story more than in the past though. I think it has to do with Bush's "guest worker" plans and these immigration bills that have created a rush to the border. We have a human tsunami situation that is hard to ignore. IMO the Minutemen have also been a big factor. They pushed ordinary people into action.