Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Making sense of CAFTA

http://www.illinoisleader.com/letters/l ... sp?c=27904

Making sense of CAFTA

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Are our federal elected officials blind? Do they not comprehend the end results of their actions with the importation of products and favoritism of other countries?

My perspective of America in the past six years is a simple analogy; two trains on single track racing towards each other at a high rate of speed. One train is the importation of people (legal and illegal); the other the exportation of jobs to foreign countries(ie: CAFTA and China most favored nation status). When the trains collide, what will we, the U.S. Citizens, have? Third world status in my opinion.

Look around your neighborhood today, how many people are unemployed, collecting unemployment, off the unemployment roll so you're not counted anymore, or working menial jobs and losing hope daily? Show me a family that has been untouched by the loss of jobs in America. How many more will be lost with the massive jump in gasoline prices?

America's strength used to lie in our ability to manufacture products and be self-sufficient. Today, that ability is gone, given to foreign, cheaper, government subsidized companies in an effort to achieve something incomprehensible to the average citizen.

Our elected officials need to face reality that their actions are weakening America. Every lost job takes away from the tax base exponentially.

Where will the tax revenue come from when an individual that was earning $20.00/hr loses that job and has to take one paying $8.00/hr. How will the elected officials pay for the "PORK" they dole out? How will individuals at $8.00/hr afford; their property taxes, mortgage, utilities, insurance, medical bills, buy food, let alone purchase a new appliance or automobile? Let me know.

I would like to see Congress and the Senate live on $320.00/week, then maybe they would understand that CAFTA and the exportation of jobs is causing the destruction of working class citizens.

Marshall Reagle
    Barrington
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

America's strength used to lie in our ability to manufacture products and be self-sufficient. Today, that ability is gone, given to foreign, cheaper, government subsidized companies in an effort to achieve something incomprehensible to the average citizen.
    can you think of a better plan to implement communism???

I would like to see Congress and the Senate live on $320.00/week, then maybe they would understand that CAFTA and the exportation of jobs is causing the destruction of working class citizens.
    if the Senate was appointed by the States they wouldn't be receiving these LARGE salaries that they vote for themselves . . . U.S. Senators spend more in a month than the State Senator gets for a year . . .

THE ALABAMA LEGISLATURE

The salary of legislators is fixed by the Constitution at $10.00 per day, plus expenses in an amount fixed by the Legislature. A travel allowance of $.10 per mile from the member's home to the Capitol and return is paid once for each legislative session. The current allowance for expenses is $50.00 per diem for three days during each week that the Legislature actually meets during any regular session, special session or organizational session, and $2,280.00 per month expenses year round. Each member is also paid $50.00 per diem for the performance of his or her duties as a member of any duly authorized interim legislative committee or subcommittee thereof, conditional upon actual attendance. Standing Committees may meet between legislative sessions and are paid for these meetings in the same manner as state employees are reimbursed for travel. Legislators are not paid a salary year round, contrary to what many people think; they are paid a salary only during a legislative session.

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/m...rocess_ml.html
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Re: Making sense of CAFTA

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    http://www.illinoisleader.com/letters/lettersview.asp?c=27904

Making sense of CAFTA

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Are our federal elected officials blind? Do they not comprehend the end results of their actions with the importation of products and favoritism of other countries?

They are not only blind, the are dumb and deaf.

My perspective of America in the past six years is a simple analogy; two trains on single track racing towards each other at a high rate of speed. One train is the importation of people (legal and illegal); the other the exportation of jobs to foreign countries(ie: CAFTA and China most favored nation status). When the trains collide, what will we, the U.S. Citizens, have? Third world status in my opinion.

The worst train wreck in the history of the WORLD.

Look around your neighborhood today, how many people are unemployed, collecting unemployment, off the unemployment roll so you're not counted anymore, or working menial jobs and losing hope daily? Show me a family that has been untouched by the loss of jobs in America. How many more will be lost with the massive jump in gasoline prices?

The "new jobs" reports are made up from whole cloth. 20% of the U.S. WORKFORCE is unemployed.

The new strength of America is shopping at Wal-Mart for Chinese goods.

Our elected officials need to face reality that their actions are weakening America. Every lost job takes away from the tax base exponentially.

Elected officials are high paid PROSTITUTES.

Where will the tax revenue come from when an individual that was earning $20.00/hr loses that job and has to take one paying $8.00/hr. How will the elected officials pay for the "PORK" they dole out? How will individuals at $8.00/hr afford; their property taxes, mortgage, utilities, insurance, medical bills, buy food, let alone purchase a new appliance or automobile? Let me know.

People are all ready having to decide wheter to put gas in their cars or EAT!!!

I would like to see congress starve to death. ALL OF THEM!!!
    Marshall Reagle
    Barrington