Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Malkin-Merida Initiative update: WH sneaks it into war bill

Merida Initiative update: White House sneaks it into war spending bill
    By Michelle Malkin • May 9, 2008 09:59 AM

Back in February, I reported on the White House/State Department’s $1.4 billion “Merida Initiative,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Malkin-Merida

These deceptive, hidden agendas have gotten WAY out of hand. Americans have no idea what we are paying for and have no right to stop this practice. Where is the accountability to the taxpayers who pay these bills.
    Adding funding to LaRaza and aid to Mexico to otherwise essential funding bills is trickery and downright betrayal. The whole political system
    has become a "backroom" secret negotiation, deceive the voter system we used to claim for communist countries like Russia once was.

This is our future America.

If the Fed Govt can spend $1.5 billion on Mexico's security 'issues', why can't it spend $2 billion on a border fence or wall???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Because they don't want to!!

Bush pitched his financing plan to the Council of the Americas

Dubya's agenda . I'm fedup with the Anti-American President
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Well, that'll solve our border problem alright. I guess we should be thankful that one representative and one senator are on the job. Seems we never learn. Why would we beef up Mexico's military to protect America? Good grief, they've shown nothing but hatred for us lately. And the libs always bitch after the fact that we gave arms to nations that later use them on us. This is not my idea of statesmanship. I guess the next argument is if we don't arm them, we'll have to do the fighting and dying again. But I'd opine that's inevitable and we need to get it out of the way while they're not so strong.
    '58 Airedale

These 'hitchhiker' bills have to stop--they divert the purpose of the main bill into a series of hijacks in multiple purposes.

We need a law--one bill per purpose/subject period. No unrelated attachments to a bill.

No Merida Initiative to the corrupt Mexican government. President Calderon wants this money and technology with NO ATTACHED CONDITIONS!
    Mexico ranks 6th in the world for oil production and we all know the price of gas. They have money.

Calderon is friendly with both Iran and Cuba.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin